Thursday, April 17, 2025

December 2023

 

December is the busiest and most joyful time of the year. I will admit, it stresses me out a lot... but when I take time to stop and enjoy the moments that are happening and truly remember why we celebrate Christmas, it brings me great joy. And we get to start the month off right by going to serve the Hope Tribe near Tuba City, AZ. Our neighbors invited us to join the year before and we just couldn't help but want to go again. We began gathering donations right after our last trip here, so we were excited to finally distribute them these wonderful people. I also love that the girls get to see another way of life. 


I met Sam last year. She was the one who made sure that all the elderly on top of the mesa had food before getting some for herself. Because of the impact that she made on me, I knew I wanted to do something for her (hoping that I would see her again this year). I decided that I wanted to get her a brand new coat. Later, I ended up getting a Book of Mormon, writing my testimony in it, wrapping it, and putting it in the pocket of the coat. I was so happy when I found her again this year. And she was back doing what she did the year before... making sure the elderly were taken care of. Later, I met her sister and her dad. They thanked me for the work that we were doing, but I told them the story of Sam and how she had made such an impact on my life. I thanked them for being such great examples of taking care of each other. Her dad reached into his pocket and pulled out a wooden handmade ornament and asked me to take it. It was such a wonderful experience. 









Close to the end of they day we found that an elderly woman, Loretta, was trying to get to her sister's house at the next village that we were headed to but she didn't have a way there. I was so happy to offer her a ride. We got to talk to her as we drove and she is just the sweetest person. 


On our way home the next day we decided to stop at Horseshoe Bend to show the girls it's beauty...






A couple weeks before December started I found out that our Young Women's Presidency was unexpectedly being released. I didn't know it at the time by our President was planning to move and asked to be released. I was heart broken. I love serving in the Young Women's. Especially with 2 of my girls in there. Because of this release, I decided to throw a Christmas Party in order to have a chance to say goodbye. 




One of Quincy's school projects was to create a food item and "sell" it. It was fun to see her creation and how she handled working under stress...


We have been waiting (since we moved here) for the temple to reopen. Almost the second after they announced the dedication I asked our bishop if there were tickets. I didn't really plan on getting any. I just figured it didn't hurt to ask. He got back to me and said that he had enough for our family to go! (Minus Coco because you had to be 8 years old and up). I was so excited. Elder Holland came to re-dedicate it and it was an awesome experience. We even got to go out the front doors... that never happens anymore!



Decorating Christmas cookies....





The best part of working at the school? Being a kid and dressing up...







These 3 besties got to have a night out for Ell's birthday. I love their friendship.



I can't even remember why we took this but here it is...



At the beginning of the month we started working on a Nativity puzzle. Just before Christmas we completed it...



Due to traveling over Christmas, we celebrate Christmas early. Starting with Christmas Eve. The girls love knowing that they are getting new jammies but they are always excited to see what they are going to look like...




They also love making Chocolate Fluffs and leaving them out for Santa...


Just a note. I didn't forget Quincy. She refused to take a picture because she didn't like her jammies.




Our Christmas Morning (technically Christmas Eve)...















       






After our early celebrations we make the drive up north to join the Wayment's for their Christmas Eve party. It's always a blast and we come away with way more than we should...








Then we spend Christmas Day with the Payne's. We love all the memories we get to make during this time of year. 


It's so hard to believe that another year has come and gone. It feels like it's going faster and faster. I love being able to watch my kids grow into the sweet little ladies that they are becoming. 

No comments: