Thursday, October 23, 2025

August 2024

We finished out the last of summer with as much swimming as possible...

 

Quincy had tryouts and made the SCHS Volleyball Team! We are so excited for her to begin this new chapter of her life.  They start off the year with a team scrimmage...


We got to see Hunchback of Notre Dame at Tuacahn before school started...


Cute Tumbling tweens...


We had the chance to try out the new Jellystone Park with Simister Orthodontics. They always do the most fun patient appreciation activities...


                


Out of nowhere we got a crazy hailstorm. We are used to summer thunderstorms but this was crazy...


And before we knew it, it was time for our annual Back To School Night. We love celebrating the new school year and all of the possibilities that it can bring. We talk about the things that we hope for them to accomplish throughout the coming year, Devin gives them a Father's Blessing, and we get outfits, backpacks, and lunches ready for the next day. 



First Day of School...
Quincy: 9th Grade at Snow Canyon Middle School

Tess: 5th Grade, Coco: 1st Grade at Diamond Valley Elementary

Addy: 11th Grade at Snow Canyon High School

Lacey and Coco: New best friends are the most fun...


With all 4 kids at school I decided to lean into hiking with Cubby more. I wanted to try hikes I hadn't done, and extend my length as much as I could. Without knowing much about it I decided to do this trail in Kolob Canyon. I figured since I had it downloaded and could follow it on the AllTrails app I could be totally fine. At one point, the app took me off of the very clear trail and onto a "road less traveled." But i figured it was online so it had to be right so I continued to follow it. I would get a sign or a notion that maybe I should go back to the more obvious trail, but I would push it aside and just kept following the app. This was definitely a beautiful canyon but it seemed to be taking a lot longer than I though it would. All of a sudden I came to the end... I had nowhere else to go. This was supposed to be a loop not an out and back hike so I thought, maybe if I scale this small mountain, I can find the loop and not have to go back the way I came. It was too steep for Cubby to climb so I picked him up and attempted to climb. I was doing pretty well until I reached up and grabbed a branch that gave way. I still have no idea how I managed to hang on to Cubby and not go tumbling head over feet. Rather I got a very nice road rash from sliding back down to the bottom. So, after all was said and done, I ended up going back the way I came and hiked somewhere around 10 miles (half of it injured). Good times. 


Shortly after school started the Cross Country Meets began for Addy. Although running isn't her favorite we are always so proud of how she pushes through...


Devin and I got to go see the Jersey Boys at Tuacahn and this became one of our favorites. We ended up going multiple times over to the season...

Volleyball games and tournaments also started shortly after school and it is so fun to watch Quincy play for the High School team...

Beautiful School Pictures...


School can be exhausting...


Another CC meet. The girls team was fun to watch as they encouraged, prayed for, and helped each other along...


Fall Moon...


This little cutie was determined to get a haircut. We finally made it happen and she was thrilled...


Cross Country Meet in Orem. This was over Labor Day weekend so we were able to go and support Addy on our way to the cabin...



Tired girl after a long meet...


And then we headed up to the cabin for the annual Wayment Reunion. Devin and Quincy stayed home for her volleyball games while the rest of us rode 4 wheelers, roasted hot dogs, got dirty, and enjoyed some family time. 







The rest of the trip continues in September...

No comments: