Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Cabin Fun!

Adalyn and I had a chance to get away up to my parents' cabin for the weekend (well most of it anyways). After all the craziness of moving it was a much-needed and welcomed break. Adalyn couldn't have been happier and I loved watching her play with her cousin in the dirt and trees.

Cute kiddos holding hands on the drive up to the cabin.















Loving the bushes...















...and the dirt!















4-Wheeling with Grandpa (I know, she looks like she hates it, but she didn't start crying til she saw me!)
















Adalyn has amazed us lately with how much she has been talking. She loves saying new words and learns something everyday. Due to our lack of a camera, we haven't been able to capture any of it. Here are some videos that I was able to get this weekend.



Adalyn has been saying Kayson for a little while now, but she overheard me call him 'Buddy' one time and for the rest of the weekend she said "Buddy" every time she saw him.



Unfortunately, our weekend was cut short when I got really sick. I was so sad to take Adalyn away from her dirt-filled fun but didn't have the strength to stay. Once we got home, it was Devin to the rescue. He took care of both of us, allowing me to recover, and Addie to continue her weekend fun. Here is one last video we took this weekend when Addie decided she wanted to drink from a water bottle by herself.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time at the cabin! Adalyn loved it, and we look forward to many more years of dirt, campfires, and 4-wheelers (hopefully without the same ending that we had this weekend!)

No comments: