Saturday, November 8, 2008

S.O.S.

Last night I had the opportunity of participating in our ward's Sisters of Service Retreat. After being in the ward for a little more than 6 months, I finally discovered what amazing sisters I have surrounding me. Not only was this retreat a good way to finally meet more people, but I was also able to learn so much about them. As part of it we were asked to write down a service that we could provide another sister and then gift wrap it. We then picked them as if it were a white elephant game. I came to find that this group of women is not only talented in so many different ways, but they are so willing to give anything to serve another sister. I am grateful to my husband for not only giving me the opportunity to go, but pushing me into it as well. And I look forward to getting to know my fellow sisters even more.

(Sorry, no pictures... I forgot my camera!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Isn't it amazing what some people are willing to do because of their talants. I was thinking and if I were to do the same thing, I'm not sure what I could offer... maybe a tasty meal, or babysitting, or hmmmmm.. tough subject. Maybe I need to get a few extra talents.

Megan D. said...

I love those service activities. We just had one in my relief society and it was great. It helps you have a little more faith in the world doesn't it?