On Friday night, my high school had their Homecoming game and invited the alumni cheerleaders to cheer during the second half of the game. My little sister Melissa and my friend Megan both wanted to do it and so I thought it would be fun to join them. Now, we have all heard of Momnesia where supposedly new moms lose some brain mass for the first 6 months after giving birth. But what I didn't realize is that it includes the loss of coordination as well! Although, the cheering went as well as it could after 7 years, my attempt at tumbling was disastrous. Yep, I did some back-hand-springs... or I tried to anyways. I don't know what came over me, maybe being in front of a crowd again, or just the feeling of being a cheerleader, but I had the urge to do some of my old tricks. So I began... one back-hand-spring down, and then one back-HEAD-spring followed. And the crowd went...Ohh!!! I guess I should have practiced a little before attempting it in front of a huge crowd! But it was fun, nonetheless. The best part of the evening... fitting into my high school uniform 4 months after giving birth! Now that's an accomplishment!
A former cheerleader with
a future cheerleader!
2 comments:
Krystal, you're SO cute in your uniform. I cannot believe high school was that long ago. Holy crap, we're getting old :(
Very impressive. :) That looks like lots of fun.
Post a Comment