Sunday, June 29, 2008

Addie's Big Day!

Little Adalyn was blessed today. She had so many friends and family members come to see her. She looked so cute in her dress and she behaved perfectly all day long. I was a little worried about a "blow out" in the dress, but she managed to keep all bodily functions under control.

She was smiling because I told her I would slip her a few cookies from the "after party".
So I invited a lot of my SLC friends thinking that not many would show up (thanks to Exxon Mobil), but it turns out that almost everyone came. The circle turned out being a bit large and not everyone was able to touch the baby during the blessing. I think the blessing still counts, right?
The two beautiful ladies that melt my heart.

Here's Addie being mauled again. This was a common occurrence today. Everyone wanted to hold her. I think she likes the attention, but she has a rule about only being passed around 5 times per hour... or else she gets a little cranky. She does love getting to know new people and seeing new faces.



After everyone went home, Adalyn gave Mom some kisses to tell her thank you for everything she had done. We had a ton of help and we are grateful to all those who came, and all those who helped with the food.

3 comments:

Michelvis said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. :( She looks beautiful though.

Lynn said...

What a wonderful day to be with the three of you as Adalyn was blessed.

I felt a wonderful spirit during Devin's blessing and felt the love that Krystal and Devin have for their daughter.

The "after party" was very fun, catching up with old friends. It was worth the drive!!!

Lots of Love,

Papa Payne

sarita said...

We wish we could have been there! I was thinking of you guys that day---it sounds like it turned out perfectly.

We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks so that the two cousins, Addie and Maddie (who are destined to be bffs), can finally meet.

ps---not all blessing blow-outs are a bad thing :)