Friday, June 20, 2008

Reading, Working, Self Soothing, and Talking

Oh, a day in the life of Adalyn!




Adalyn loves it when Daddy reads to her... as long as the books are short of course. It's too hard to stay focused for that long!








Adalyn also loves to go out... and visiting Daddy at work is a major bonus. Devin is loving his job and we both feel extremely grateful that he is working for such a great company. He is such a hard worker and Addie and I both appreciate him bringing home the bacon. (I would prefer Snickers but bacon works too)





Addie has discovered a new way to soothe herself when she is really tired. As you can see from the picture, she enjoys sucking on my arm for relief. She will squirm and squirm until she gets into the perfect position and then she will suck herself to sleep. The picture below is the outcome of her sucking... I never thought my first hickey would be from my child!
And oh, the talking! I tell you what... nothing warms my heart more than to have Addie respond to us with coos and smiles. I could be in the worst mood and it would all be washed away with one of her smiles. Our favorite is when she smiles and then sheepishly looks away... it is so adorable! She is the cutest thing ever and we love her more and more everyday. The video doesn't capture her full capabilities (she doesn't perform for the camera) but its still cute. Try to ignore my talking...

Who says babies just eat, sleep, and poop?

7 comments:

Garmire's said...

She has the biggest most cutest smile! They just get funner by the minute! That made me smile!

Michelvis said...

She's adorable...but even more adorable is that Devin has a polka dot lamp in his office. No wonder Grandma kisses him on the mouth.

Lynn said...

Love the pictures and the video!!

Thanks for sharing. We are looking forward to her blessing this weekend!!

Papa Payne

Jodi Nelson said...

Hey friends! It looks like parenthood is suiting you well. What a doll you have there. I love the blog, posts and cute video of Adalyn talking. She is so adorable. We need to meet this little princess. Not to invite ourselves over or anything, but can we come see you guys sometime in your new home???? :)

Natalie said...

Jeff used to tickle you at work? No wonder he was so excited to go to work everyday! How come you didn't put "Invincible" on your list of best sports movies? It's way better that "Remember the Titans" Anyways, when are the girls going to have a sleep over?

Angie said...

She is so cute. That is hilarious that she sucks on your arm and leaves hickey marks. That is hilarious. She is getting bigger everytime we see new pictures of her. Aaron and I can't wait to meet the sweet little babe in September. Love you guys.

Jillyan said...

Devin!
Hey friend! I found your blog off of Meg's. Your little Addie is adorable! I totally love the name. Congrats again!