Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Got Gas?? Turkey Stampedes, and Fat Pool Ladies

Hello everyone,

I haven't seen many bloggers recently so here goes.

A couple of weeks ago, Mary-Ann and I were cleaning the garage (I know that sound funny but it really happened) when Mom saw gas streaming out of Devin's blue Honda. She thought there was a hole in the gas tank. I thought the blue Honda was hurling back the non-Costco gas Devin had pumped into the car the day before. Apparently Devin did not put on the cap snugly as usual, and the heat of the day began to bubble the gas out of the tank and onto the ground. In all my days I had never seen a gas volcano--but this was a first.

Mom and I celebrated our 32nd Wedding Anniversary last week. We went to the Utah State Fair to celebrate. We enjoyed the livestock (although not as big as the Iowa State Fair) and everything else. We shared a yummy funnel cake while watching Turkey Racing!!! I bet the Iowa State Fair doesn't have that!!!!! Yes, several turkeys raced around a circular course following a red remote controlled truck with turkey feed in it's bed. It was one of the oddest things I've ever seen on earth. The funnel cake made it more bearable.

We went to the rodeo that night and had a good time with the cowboys and the clowns.

I continue to rehab the back and am trying to get it back in shape. I am working hard at home with some exercises and 2-3 times a day at the T.O.S.H. pool exercising up a storm. I am not a petite guy, I understand it, but the fat ladies have overtaken the pool. I was trying to elbow my way past two of them and I think the fattest one took a swing at me!!! I am faster than them so if they wanted to they couldn't catch me. To top things off, one of the ladies came out with perfectly coiffed hair, pearls and her glasses--as she was exercising. I thought I was in the twilight zone. Wish me well.

Keep the faith and keep up the good work.

Love,

Dad

2 comments:

Ryan said...

At the Iowa State Fair they probably have deep fried funnel cake on a stick. Not to mention that it is served with turkey legs on a stick. You dont want to lose the turkey races at the Iowa state fair. Good luck with the old ladies at the pool. They remind me of the old ladies on the bus in Italy. I took an elbow or two in my day.

Becky said...

I was tempted to take a picture the other day of a truckload of turkeys destined for your Thanksgiving table. Literally 200 of them in little cages on trucks go by us all the time this time of year. You know it's almost Turkey time when there are white feathers all along the highway!