March started off with our typical school/preschool routine. Volcano making was up and she loved seeing this reaction. We also spend a lot of time snuggling the pup. And one night we saw a planet line up with our moon.
With Devin starting a new job this year, he didn't feel like he could take time off for Spring Break. But the girls and I were itching to go somewhere. So I looked for a destination that was within driving distance, was somewhere new, and had enough things to keep us busy. I landed on Lake Havasu and after talking about it with a friend we decided that it would be fun to take our families together. So I loaded up the girls and met the Decker Family at our AirBNB. Driving to Havasu was pretty hectic as we passed through a massive storm that pushed us around the road. But we made it.
The first day we headed out to see the London Bridge... yes the actual London Bridge. It was transported from the Thames River in London to Lake Havasu City in 1971. It was fun to walk up and down the surrounding area, check out the London Bridge museum, and then walk to a nearby beach to put our feet in the water.
Afterwards, we headed back to the London Bridge area to catch a ferry across the lake.
After taking the kids home to take a break I took Cubby on walk back to the London Bridge. This was later in the evening and I was surprised to see how much the beach that we were on earlier this morning had changed. (Spring Break Central)
The next day we started with a hike in Sara Mountain. It was a great hike with plenty of different things to see. We eventually came to some slot canyons and had to turn around because they were still so full of water. The girls had also painted rocks to leave around the trail for others to find.
Later that day we headed back to the beach so the kids could swim, paddleboard, and kayak... or sleep in Addy's case.
The next day we headed to the Havasu Wildlife Refuge. This was a beautiful island trail that was set apart from the overloaded Lake Havasu and was so peaceful.
We also happened upon a dam so we stopped to check it out.
Right after that we went to Cattail Cove State Park. This was another amazing area that wasn't overloaded with spring breakers. It was very peaceful and extremely beautiful. I went out to explore a bit and ended up discovering a hidden beach and a perfect cliff jumping spot. I was determined to do it (even though I didn't even have a swimsuit on) and I headed back to our group to convince others to join me. Jake Decker was up for the challenge but Addy and Quincy took some convincing. I finally got them to go to the spot to check it out and I just went for it. It took some more coaxing to get them to go but eventually they did it. It was freezing, but it was so much fun. We jumped a couple more times before deciding we were too cold to continue. What an adventure!
Along with the good comes the bad. Since being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I often have these crashes. My body just stops working and I can spend the entire day in bed without even knowing it. And Coco has had breathing treatments everyday for the last few years. These are just some of the day to day things that life can bring.
At the beginning of this year, Coco decided to try out for the competitive dance team. She has been practicing hard and it was finally time to start competitions. She loves performing, but the waiting in between can make for a long day.
Hanging out at home can often look like this...
When we first moved to St. George, Addy was really nervous about making friends. May was one of her very first friends but ended up moving away. She came back for a visit so this group of cute girls got together for a hangout.
What a fun way to start out the Spring season. Looking forward to the warmer months ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment