We knew the start of September meant the annual Labor Day Cabin trip and everyone was looking forward to that. It was such a fun weekend filled with 4-wheeling, lizard catching, s'more eating, star-gazing, loft-sleeping, fort-building, treasure-hunting, and gun shooting.
At 7 months Colette became more active and talks a lot more. She discovered that she loves chewing on my hair or sometimes just pushing it into her binky. She eats more baby food and started being able to eat puffs and melts. She is trying new things, like sitting in a shopping cart for the first time, and loving it. She is chewing on anything and everything. She also started standing up on furniture with help.
Tess and I started Preschool this month. She was excited to be doing a school of her own and I always love preparing my kids for Kindergarten.
One night Devin decided that we should drive down to Eureka. I had never heard of it and neither of us really knew what we would find but it ended up being a pretty cool little town. We were able to see the home of Porter Rockwell, an old train, and a Jail from the 1800's. It was a fun little experience.
Tess loves opening the car window and sticking her head out whenever she can...
Took the girls to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at the high school. Our friend Belle was in it and it was fun watching her.
Outside fun...
School Carnival is always a hit...
Knowing that the end of summer was coming Tess decided to pull out the rest of the water balloons for some fun with her BFF...
Then we took the girls to the River Woods and Provo Beach for a fun night...
I also decided that I was tired of my laundry room looking so junky with everything in plain sight. I got the idea to add cabinets and ended up doing an entire Laundry Room makeover. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun stretching my abilities and figuring out what I am capable of. The after pictures will be in next month's post.
These months just seem to fly by so quickly and its hard to believe that we are already headed into the colder months of the year.

























































































No comments:
Post a Comment