Tuesday, August 28, 2018

July 2018


July began with the return of Addie from her 2 week acting camp in Montana!  We were so happy to have her back and hear about all of her experiences! It was good to have our family all together again!


 A couple days before the 4th of July I got quite sick.  I had a fever that I couldn't break and a loss of appetite.  I had gone to the doctor and he decided to treat me for Strep Throat to get me through the holiday when everything would be closed. But by the 4th I wasn't improving at all so we decided that Devin would take the 3 older girls to the Bee's game with the Paynes.




Meanwhile, Colette and I stayed home and celebrated her first 4th of July at almost 5 months old.

After spiking a fever of 102 that i couldn't break, contracting a deep cough that made it hard to breathe and not being able to eat or sleep, we decided that it was time to head to the hospital. They discovered that I had pneumonia.  The next few weeks were just about the worst and I have never been so sick in my life.  We were also extremely blessed during this time: Grandpa Wayment and Grandma Payne each took the girls out for a day, Sara and Shannon came and cleaned our house, so many ward members brought meals and we felt so much love. 


Coco practicing piano with daddy...

 Sisters...



 Tessly turned 4 this month and we just loved being able to celebrate this little sweetheart!  She is the most outgoing, friendly kid who loves talking to anyone who will listen.  She makes us laugh daily and is always surprising us with the things she says and remembers. She learned all her letters, numbers, shapes, and colors throughout the last year and she is excited to start preschool with mom in the fall. She loves cats, collecting keys, anything sugar, and pizza.  She is full of sass and is instantly everyone's favorite. We love this girl so much!








Napping with daddy...


 At 5 months Colette tried solids for the first time. It took some getting used to but she loved it. Due to me being sick, she also started eating mostly from bottles this month and the girls love being able to feed her. She also started sitting up more and taking baths in the big tub.







When I finally felt strong enough, we celebrated Tess' birthday by taking her best friend, Kassidy, to Lagoon.  It was a fun day and the girls had so much fun together.





















 Since we would be in Bear Lake over my birthday, Devin took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to Freshie's in Park City, where they have the best lobster rolls around. So yummy!





 Blackridge Pond with the besties...










 Payne Family Reunion in Bear Lake
 Day 1: Spent the morning at North Beach where we enjoyed soft sand, beautiful water, and the warm sun. Lunch at Zips complete with Raspberry shakes. That night we went to the Pickleville Playhouse to see the very funny Who Shot Juanito Bandito. Such a fun way to start the reunion!















 Day 2: Happy Birthday to Me! Woke up to Dunford Doughnuts and lots of birthday wishes! Then we spent the day at Rendezvous Beach where we kayaked, paddle boarded, tubed, played games, and jumped on the water trampoline.




















 Day 3: We took a hike to see a 200 year old tree. Later that day we went to see Tarzan at the Pickleville Playhouse.














 Bear Lake was such a fun time. We love spending time with the Payne Family and always leave wishing we had more time.

Dress ups...

 I have been having these moments lately when I realize how old Addie actually is.  I start thinking about the things I did as a 10 year old and find myself wondering if i am teaching her enough.  So little by little I try to help her learn some basic life skills...


 "Mom, take my picture!" Finding joy while school shopping!


Since Devin was out of town, we decided to keep our July 24th pretty simple.  The girls did pop-its and sparklers and then the neighborhood put on a pretty great firework show that we got to enjoy!












We did family pictures this month and we just love how they turned out. Becky always does such a fabulous job and the scenery was just perfect!












 The annual Reed and Ruth Payne Family Reunion was full of great company, good food, and games. It was fun to see Grandma Ruth with most of her great grandkids!




 Sweet Tess and her BFF Kassidy at church...

Quincy got braces this month! Man she is growing up fast!

And Addie decided it was time for short hair.  She looks so cute with her new do!


July came and went in the blink of an eye! Its hard to believe that our summer is more than halfway over! I will be sad to see it end!

No comments: