- Her favorite foods are chicken nuggets and peanut butter sandwiches. But she is my best eater by far. She loves avocados, salad, sushi, all fruit, and cucumbers. There are very few things that she won't eat but eggs and tomatoes are a couple of those.
- She LOVES babies. At first, I assumed that is was just Tessly... whom she is very affectionate towards. But after sending her on some playdates and watching her in church, I discovered that it is all babies. She always wants to be near them, checks on them when they cry, wants to hold them, and is amazing at getting them to laugh.
- She is still afraid of things that she can't control i.e. amusement rides, going down hills on a bike. But she will be the first to leap down a flight of stairs into Devin's arms.
- Quincy is the most thoughtful little girl. She is always telling people she loves them, checking on people when they are hurt, offering to help (when she is in the mood), and making pictures for her family. If you have ever been in Quincy's life for any reason (friend, teacher, etc) she will remember you and excitedly wave to you or give you a hug.
- On the flip side, she can also be the biggest tease. She tends to figure out what pushes people's (mostly Addie's) buttons and will use that "because it's fun." She tends to be a bit mischievous and I know that if I have told her not to do something she is going to do it anyways. But she will also reveal herself as she says with a grin... "No one is eating candy down here," "I didn't play with the markers," or "I don't have the remote!"
- She has a great sense of humor and loves to make people laugh.
- Although she is an outgoing person, I have discovered that she is more introverted than she appears to be. I have noticed that when she is with a large group of friends, after awhile, she will wander off on her own or sneak away with one other friend in tow. She isn't sad or upset, she just needs some space. Rather than having a party with all of her friends this year, she was adamant that she only wanted 2 friends.
- She loves the TV too much. She is constantly asking to watch it and would watch all day if she was aloud to.
- She still sucks her thumb. We are working on stopping this habit, but it is a hard one to break!
- She can be a bit lazy. If she wants something she will ask someone else to go and get it for her rather than getting it herself. And if I tell her we are walking somewhere she will ask if I can carry the baby so that I can push her in the stroller. If the answer is no I can inevitably expect some whining about how she doesn't want to walk. Once she gets going she ends up enjoying and exploring different things along the way.
- She loves to collect things...rocks, bottle caps, leaves... pretty much anything that catches her eye.
- She loves being close and cuddling with people. She will squeeze into the smallest space so that she can sit next to either Devin or I and she is always sitting in Devin's lap.
- Our favorite things that she says right now are: Snaked (naked), It doesn't care (it doesn't matter), You're my bestest sister/mom/dad/friend, and Pocporn.
- She is spunky, happy, full of life, and can light up a room.
For her big 5 we had a fun filled day. It started with a cinnamon roll breakfast...
And opening presents...
Quincy asked to get her ears pierced for her birthday. So we headed out that morning to the mall. She was so brave. She didn't flinch or cry, just held onto that bear and closed her eyes. When it was over she said, "That didn't hurt so much."
Her choice for lunch was sushi (that's my girl!)...
And it's not really your birthday unless there's ice cream ...
For her party she wanted to take 2 of her best friends, Kaylena and Grace, to Chuck E Cheese. They had a blast! Quincy was so excited when Chuck E Cheese actually showed up to sing Happy Birthday to her!
The party package included time in the ticket blaster and she wanted Devin to help her catch the tickets!
It was a fun day to celebrate our little fireball! She is the most awesome 5 year old we know! Looking forward to watching her continue to grow over the next year!











No comments:
Post a Comment