Tuesday, February 17, 2015

January 2015

January was quite a month for us.  From Tessly being consistently sick to not knowing whether Devin would have a job, and everything else that fell in between, we really struggled.  Yet somehow (and by somehow I mean by the grace of our Heavenly Father) we survived.  Although I mostly felt like I was  slowly drowning this month, it was a great opportunity for us to recognize how much our Heavenly Father blesses our lives daily.  After many sleepless nights being up with a sick baby, I didn't know where I would get the strength to get up each day.  And yet there it was.  Strength that I couldn't have mustered from anywhere else was given to me time and time again.  After we heard that eBay would be making drastic lay-offs we were blessed with peace of mind that all would be well, regardless of what happened.  Rather than adding the burden of stress of the unknown, we were spared from adding that to our heap.  And then even further blessed when we found out that Devin would be keeping his job at eBay.  Sometimes it takes falling a little to recognize that someone is there to pick you up and comfort you, but I am more determined to recognize these tender mercies not only when I fall but when I am flying high as well.

As far as what we did this month...

Tessly turned 6 months old and we can't believe that she has been with us for half a year already.  She has been such a joy to our family and we couldn't have dreamed up a sweeter baby.

Unfortunately, she has been sick this month.  While we were in Utah she caught a cold that turned into bronchitis.  This bronchitis has lasted the entire month.  She then contracted an ear infection and began to cut a tooth all at the same time.  Once she was on antibiotics she started to get better, except that the antibiotics gave her tummy problems.  Needless to say, aside from a couple of miracle nights, we have not slept much this month.  However, she has still been the happiest, easiest baby during the day.  She loves baby food with her favorites being peas and pears.  She started sitting up on her own just before she turned 6 months.

She loves to bounce... and not just in her bouncer.  She will start bouncing when she is eating, when you change her diaper, or any other time.  She also loves to laugh, talk, and be kissed.



She is a total mama's girl and will look for me and reach for me whenever I am in sight. (I'll admit that its hard to not love this!)


She reaches for everything and tends to go for things like phones, remotes, etc.  Everything that she can reach goes right in her mouth, no matter how big it is.




 She is still overly-loved by her sisters.  The first question we hear whenever we are driving anywhere is, "Can I sit by the baby?"  And there are many complaints that they didn't get to see the baby enough.  It makes me happy that they continue to love her so much.


Baby friends... Start 'em young. 


We were able to go to a beach town called Half Moon Bay twice this month.  We fell in love with this little town.  So much charm and tranquility and the fact that it's a beach town didn't hurt.  If we could find a way to live here we would move tomorrow!

The first time we went we walked through the town, did some crafts, and then played at the beach. 








The second time we stopped at a place called Lemos Farms where the girls got to feed goats, ride a train, ride horses, and play all over.






Then, of course, we headed to the beach.  The girls had been asking for awhile to watch a sunset at the beach.  Guess we can check that off the bucket list!


 Tess feeling the sand between her toes for the first time...





We found a park near our house that has a small environmental center.  I was surprised to see how willingly the girls held all the different creatures!  They held a few different snakes, a gecko, and a bearded dragon.  It was pretty cool.  Until they pulled out the Tarantula... then I was out of there!




Addie's class also had a field trip that I was able to chaperone.  They walked to a local dentist where the hygienists walked them through all the different things that the dentist does. One of the hygienists talked about all the things that are good and bad for our teeth.  At one point she held up a bottle of water and a bottle of Coke and asked, "Which one of these is bad for your teeth?"  All the kids answered, "Soda!" at which point Addie raised her hand and said, "My mom drinks Coke all the time!"  Haha...Busted!


Now that this month is over, here's hoping for healthier and more restful tomorrows!

No comments: