Sunday, September 22, 2013

Laurel Retreat

The day before leaving for Cape Cod I headed down to St. George with my Laurel class.  Being so close to leaving on a big vacation and with all the usual busy-ness of life I debated on whether or not to go.  Looking back on it, I am so glad I went.  I love these girls so much and I am so grateful for the time I had with them.

On the way down we stopped at a random petting zoo in the middle of nowhere.  Who knew anyone could own a zebra?...


Then we stopped to hike The Kanarraville Falls.  This was seriously an incredible hike.  It was gorgeous and had some fun natural water slides.  




Loads of fun with my favorite girl, Erika! 


When the girls were supposed to be sleeping, they were hacking my phone instead!


We did a couple of hikes the next day just before I had to head home...


This group consisted of the girls that I had the privilege of teaching for 3 years as well as the girls that I have watched grow from Beehives.  This is the best group of girls I have ever known.  They have so much strength and I have learned so much from them.  I will greatly miss having them a part of my life. Also included, are the leaders that I had the opportunity to serve with and that I have come to admire and love.  What great examples they were to me and how dearly I will miss them.  Hillcrest 1st Ward Young Women's is the best!

No comments: