Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby Love

We have been attempting to teach Adalyn that there is actually a baby growing inside my tummy. Although we aren't sure how much she gets it, it has been so cute seeing what she does understand. Every time we ask "Where is your baby sister?" she will either point to my tummy (or hers) or come over and lift my shirt to see my tummy. More recently she was standing next to me and the baby began visibly kicking inside my stomach. Adalyn reached her hand up to my tummy and said "Kicking." We have also been trying to teach her to love the baby by giving hugs and kisses, but the idea was just too much for her. Then yesterday, without prompting, she lifted my shirt and began rubbing my belly. I took the opportunity to say "Addie, can you give the baby kisses?" She leaned over and kissed my tummy. I quickly grabbed the camera!














We are so excited to see how cute she will be with the baby. She will be a great big sister!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is SO cute! I love it. I'm so excited for you guys to have another beautiful baby girl! When are you due?

Krissy said...

Such a cute picture! Sam gave me the address for your blog- I'm so glad, because I'm terrible at keeping in touch, so blogs are the best for knowing what family members are up to! Brea and Adalyn were so cute together at the funeral, we should probably set up a play date to give you a little break from chasing her around for a while!