So I thought I would keep everyone up to date on our staircase/gate situation. Devin and I talked about it and decided that since we have been unable to find a gate that works for our situation, we would figure out how to teach Adalyn about the stairs. So the next problem... How do you teach a 10 month old that the stairs are dangerous? Love and Logic to the rescue! We discovered this book after questioning the parents of a practically perfect little girl(our niece Eleanor) and I immediately fell in love with it. In the very beginning it talks about the "stair" situation and although the story was about a 2 year old, I thought that I would give the technique a try. Here is the end result...
I only used the technique for a couple of days and have not had to use it since!
And here is something else we decided to teach her early on. When a boy asks for a kiss respond in this way...
Sorry that the video is sideways!
No comments:
Post a Comment