Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh The Places You'll Go!

Here are some places that Adalyn has ventured to with her increased mobility...

Okay, So these ones we helped her with, however she wanted to get in the buckets and would not stop until we put her in there.


Typically my post would have ended here, after all my first intentions for this post were very basic... put some pictures up, add some descriptions, and tie it all together with a title. However, the events of the weekend have triggered a more in-depth post. Over the weekend Adalyn was very sick, to the point where she couldn't do more than lay there. (We got a good look into how things would be if our curious daughter was mellow instead!) It really made me think about "the places" we must travel to in order to make it through this life. As hard as it was to see my baby girl going through so much pain, I began to understand that this is going to be the first of her many trials. Even at so young an age she is beginning to learn that in order to know happiness we must go through the sadness. I also began to really understand how our Father in Heaven must feel... watching His children hurting, wanting to fix it, but knowing that in order for us to learn we must go through these trials. I never felt this so much until I had to watch my daughter struggle with illness, wishing I could take it for her, but knowing that in order for her immune system to build she needs to go through things like this. Although I recognize that it is going to be difficult at times, I look forward to all the many "places" that Adalyn will travel throughout her earthly sojourn. I am so lucky to have the opportunity to travel with her, and with such an amazing companion.

P.S. We want to thank all of our family and friends who kept Adalyn in their prayers. She is already beginning to recover and we know it is because of your fervent prayers and the blessings of our Heavenly Father. We love you all.

1 comment:

sarita said...

We're so happy she's feeling better.

Thanks so much for keeping us updated!