Thursday, February 19, 2009

There's Just No Stopping Her...

Here is what Adalyn learned how to do today.


She climbed our entire staircase! Here she is after her victory... it was quite a "Rocky" moment!
I know... I'm a horrible mother because I haven't secured that area yet, but I have been looking for weeks for a gate for that staircase. We have baseboards around the stairs and most of the gates I have found don't fit around the baseboards... Does anyone know of any gates that would work for our situation? We are obviously in dire need now!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

A little barbed wire goes a long way.

GRP said...

I wouldn't put anything up. The quicker she learns to navigate the stairs the less time you have to worry about it...

We never got one and it seemed to work fine for us... Granted Eleanor was much of a physical risk taker...

Angie said...

You should have a gate for sure. It's not safe to not have one. Practice with her going up and down so she knows how. If she falls it could really cause her harm. If your upstairs putting clothing away or etc then you don't have to worry about her falling or missing a step. It's not safe and I have seen some gates that fit with baseboards. I will ask my friends what they are and call you.