Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What if...

I like watching Sportscenter almost daily, just ask my wife. I have seen the difference between soccer highlights and basketball highlights. So, I would like to make a list of "what if basketball highlights were the same as soccer highlights?"
  • After every made basket, basketball players would take off their shirts and run around for 5 minutes until the announcer stopped yelling "baaaaaaaaaaaasket"
  • The highlights would show a bunch of shots that almost went in
  • Every time there was a foul (which would most likely be a flop), two little men would come out and take the player away in a stretcher. The player on the stretcher would then come back into the game about 5 minutes later.
  • The announcers would be excited about a tie

Okay, the second "what if..." goes like this. I was having a conversation with someone awhile back. They were saying that eating too much ice cream or sweets was just as bad for you as drinking too much beer. Needless to say, we argued about it for a little bit, but then I thought to myself, "what if eating Ice Cream and sweets were like drinking beer?"
  • Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) would have to be changed to Mothers Against Sweet Substances (MASS)
  • Instead of a sobriety test, policemen would have to perform "sugar variety" tests.
  • Linger longers would just be out of control
  • The breathalizer would stay pretty much the same, except the better your breath was the more trouble you would be in.
  • Too much ice cream would lead to a hangover of the love handles the morning after
  • After winning the World Series the players would simply throw cinnamon rolls at one another

Please feel free to comment about any other "what ifs..." that you've thought about.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Krystal - good poster.
Devin - boring!

Jay and Heath said...

Payne, Payne, Payne. Nice try. You can't compare basketball to soccer. Pick a sport that has about the same score results as basketball (which means a sport that's relatively easy to score)... then maybe you'll get your point across :) Heath

Jay and Heath said...

Devon, (spelled wrong purposely to show that I'm mad about your post) what if there was a good white basketball player? what if the rest of the world liked basketball and not just the good ol' U S of A? What if there were kids who were free to root for the team of their choice, instead of being forced to go for the Cougs or Jazz by their father? That's the world I want to live in. Jay

Angie said...

I'm so not for MASS at all because ice cream was the 5th greatest creation in this world. I would protest.