Thursday, January 15, 2009

Payne Files

Well, it has been quite some time since I have posted to the Payne Nation. I have let my better half take care of those duties for many moons now. After multiple internal struggles, I have decided that I need to share my thoughts and observations with the diligent readers who frequent the blog.

A few funny observations that have come up recently (some are thanks to other people):
  • Why do they put caution signs on automatic doors... shouldn't they put them on doors that don't automatically open for you?
  • Why is the SLC New Year's celebration called "First Night"... shouldn't it be "Last Night?"
  • CC Sabathia (the new pitcher for the NY Yankees) will make roughly $7,000 dollars every time he throws a single pitch this season.
  • Howard D. Schultz, the CEO of Starbucks, made more than my 2008 annual salary when he worked an 8 hour day on January 1st of 2008.
  • Isn't it weird that I spend a lot of time and money watching over-grown men shoot a round leather ball into a circular metal thing? Krystal spends time watching under-grown people listen to music and move all their limbs at the same time.
  • Finally, why do I find that everything my daughter does is awesome? No matter what it is I think it is the best thing that any little kid has ever done... she sneezed the other day and I clapped for her.
Many outlandish thoughts and observations flutter through my head everyday. I plan to share some of them with you, but the others will be kept to myself to someday make millions of dollars for my clients in their Ad campaigns.

Now, to put an end to this first chapter of my blog resurgence, I would like to share a few facts about my wife and me that you may not know (I don't plan on "tagging" anyone afterward).

  • I am watching Krystal break the hula hoop record on the wii fit right now.
  • We both have the same middle name (I'm sure it is something manly), which is pretty much the reason we got married.
  • Although we read every night, Krystal has never read a single word in any Twilight book
  • We don't mind eating processed foods... we are kind of skeptical of the word "Organic"
  • About and hour ago we had a contest to see who could kiss Adalyn the most
  • We try to find the positive aspects of any situation
  • Neither of us voted or wore an "I voted" sticker (obviously), and we don't think that we are bad citizens because of it... although many others have displayed their disgust.
Your first dose of my ranting and raving. Don't worry, your headache will subside with time. Thanks to the slowing economy, I am getting home from work at a decent hour and I have more time to reflect on the little things that make life interesting and enjoyable.

I'm outta here... without even a photo of Addie. Alright, I better put up just one. This may be what most of you are doing right now.

3 comments:

Jodi Nelson said...

Good stuff Dev. Miss ya bro!!

Life of Nelsons said...

Ooops, I was signed in as my wife.
I would write more but we have to have dinner and FHE all before 24 starts, so gotta go!!

Megan D. said...

Good thoughts. I feel inspired. Your daughter is pretty cute. :) I'm glad you posted. Hope everything is going well!
Also - My mom just got the wii fit too - When I got on it, it said "Hey one at a time!" Do you think that is a bad sign? :)