May is always a bit of a crazy month. End of School Activities, finishing up extra-curricular activities, and the beginning of summer activities all wrapped up into 1 month. But its fun seeing the girls finish up their school years and start some of the more relaxing activities of summer.
Another trip to the stairs of death...
A few random events for me. 1-Beverly, a woman in our ward, became very sick and needed some help. I would stop by with food as often as I could and try to help where I could. One day I had Cubby with me and she asked me to pick him up so she could see him better. Then she took this picture.
2-I also helped one of our old neighbors move out of her dorm. Her mom and sister came to stay with us and I went over with them to help out.
3-On one of my hikes I found a tortoise hiding in the bushes.







Tess' class had a movie day before school officially ended and it was fun helping out with that...

Amber and I decided to go for a hike that we have never been done before. We drove to Colorado City to hike Water Canyon and felt confident that with a picture of the map on our phone we would be just fine making it through. We started off on the trail but suddenly we found ourselves in an area that didn't seem quite right. Still we tried to figure it out and continued to push forward. The put us in situations where we were sliding down the side of mountains, scaling slot canyons, and climbing to the top of the mountain in front of us in an attempt to find the actual trail. And yet, even at the top we could not figure out where we were supposed to be. Our phones didn't work so we couldn't download a map or try to call anyone. There was canyon on both sides of us and we didn't think that we could get back the way we came. Suddenly Amber said, "Krystal, we didn't pray before we started our hike. We should pray now." She said a prayer asking for guidance, help, and protection. Shortly after she ended the prayer she started walking a certain direction and before we knew it we came upon some cairns. We were suddenly on a trail that we didn't know was there before. We kept looking for the cairns and they got us pretty far. But at one point we got turned around again and started making loops. We were stuck again. I tried my phone and somehow it worked. I quickly downloaded the map and we were able to follow it the rest of the way. It was a beautiful trail but for the life of us we could not figure out how or where we got off the trail. We were ever so grateful that God guided us out of that canyon and that we were able to get home.



The next day was Tess' 5th Grade Graduation. In St. George elementary school ends at 5th grade. Tess was not thrilled about leaving elementary. If she could stay little forever she would do it. Still, it was fun to see this group of kids that has been together since 2nd grade end this chapter of their lives.







Devin enjoys spontaneity and will look for different ways to make life fun. Here, he bought all the weirdest chip flavors he could find and tested the girls to see if they could decide what flavor they were. There were some really good ones, and some not so good ones...

Last day of school! These kids get to sip drinks, blare "School's Out For Summer," and cruise with the windows down...
Shannon, Brian, Carson, and Shaylee came down for Memorial Weekend. They took us out to Quail Creek on their boat. We always have so much fun boating with them. I got to practice wakeboarding and Addy was brave to try it out too! Some of us did some cliff jumping and later in the day we went out for ice cream.

Tess, the neighborhood pet caretaker...
Our pest control company placed some sticky traps in our garage. One day I notices a long tail coming out of one and checked it to see what poor lizard had died. I quickly found out that he wasn't dead yet and I immediately went to work to free him. It was so hard not only getting him out of the sticky trap, but then trying to get all the sticky stuff off of him. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned until there wasn't any residue left on him. We tried feeding him but he wouldn't really eat. When we tried letting him go, he didn't go anywhere. I held him for awhile and then we tried again and finally he scampered away. He was cute though...
First Fire Lake day. Sometimes I force my kids to do things with me. Especially if they are all just sitting at home. It was fun to get outside and enjoy the lake together...
And with the end of May came the end of schedules, structure, routines, etc. Who needs those in summer?
Cute girls ...
1-Tess and Ell had to create an arcade game for school
2-I love finding the girls doing things together
3-Quincy saw this massive Apple Fritter and had to get it for Devin
Over Mother's Day Weekend, I came home after my shift at the Temple to find the house covered in sticky notes that Devin and the girls wrote for me. It was so cute...
Then on Mother's Day we went for a hike to Candy Cliffs. It was extremely windy so the girls didn't feel comfortable climbing up and down the cliffs. So I quickly scrambled through it as much as I could. It was amazingly beautiful and fun to scramble all around it...



Tess' class had a movie day before school officially ended and it was fun helping out with that...
Amber and I decided to go for a hike that we have never been done before. We drove to Colorado City to hike Water Canyon and felt confident that with a picture of the map on our phone we would be just fine making it through. We started off on the trail but suddenly we found ourselves in an area that didn't seem quite right. Still we tried to figure it out and continued to push forward. The put us in situations where we were sliding down the side of mountains, scaling slot canyons, and climbing to the top of the mountain in front of us in an attempt to find the actual trail. And yet, even at the top we could not figure out where we were supposed to be. Our phones didn't work so we couldn't download a map or try to call anyone. There was canyon on both sides of us and we didn't think that we could get back the way we came. Suddenly Amber said, "Krystal, we didn't pray before we started our hike. We should pray now." She said a prayer asking for guidance, help, and protection. Shortly after she ended the prayer she started walking a certain direction and before we knew it we came upon some cairns. We were suddenly on a trail that we didn't know was there before. We kept looking for the cairns and they got us pretty far. But at one point we got turned around again and started making loops. We were stuck again. I tried my phone and somehow it worked. I quickly downloaded the map and we were able to follow it the rest of the way. It was a beautiful trail but for the life of us we could not figure out how or where we got off the trail. We were ever so grateful that God guided us out of that canyon and that we were able to get home.
The next day was Tess' 5th Grade Graduation. In St. George elementary school ends at 5th grade. Tess was not thrilled about leaving elementary. If she could stay little forever she would do it. Still, it was fun to see this group of kids that has been together since 2nd grade end this chapter of their lives.
Devin enjoys spontaneity and will look for different ways to make life fun. Here, he bought all the weirdest chip flavors he could find and tested the girls to see if they could decide what flavor they were. There were some really good ones, and some not so good ones...
Last day of school! These kids get to sip drinks, blare "School's Out For Summer," and cruise with the windows down...
Shannon, Brian, Carson, and Shaylee came down for Memorial Weekend. They took us out to Quail Creek on their boat. We always have so much fun boating with them. I got to practice wakeboarding and Addy was brave to try it out too! Some of us did some cliff jumping and later in the day we went out for ice cream.
Church lessons can be fun too...
Our pest control company placed some sticky traps in our garage. One day I notices a long tail coming out of one and checked it to see what poor lizard had died. I quickly found out that he wasn't dead yet and I immediately went to work to free him. It was so hard not only getting him out of the sticky trap, but then trying to get all the sticky stuff off of him. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned until there wasn't any residue left on him. We tried feeding him but he wouldn't really eat. When we tried letting him go, he didn't go anywhere. I held him for awhile and then we tried again and finally he scampered away. He was cute though...
First Fire Lake day. Sometimes I force my kids to do things with me. Especially if they are all just sitting at home. It was fun to get outside and enjoy the lake together...
And with the end of May came the end of schedules, structure, routines, etc. Who needs those in summer?





No comments:
Post a Comment