Early in November, Devin and I had the chance to sneak away for a couple days. With limited time and Covid still affecting travel we decided to stay fairly close to home. After seeing the majesty of the Grand Canyon, it left us thirsting for more, so we headed to Page, Arizona, aka Lake Powell. When we arrived the hotel manager told us about the annual hot air balloon festival that was taking place that weekend. We couldn't believe our luck and got up early the next morning to be a part of it. It was spectacular. We were able to watch as they set up, flew, and then landed the hot air balloons. Such a fun way to kick off our trip.
Then we went over to see Horseshoe Bend. This is the bend in the Colorado River that travels through the Grand Canyon. I have been wanting to see this sight for quite some time and it was awesome.
After that we went to shoot pistols, AKR's, and throw axes. It was a fun experience but I definitely need more practice before I try this anywhere else! Devin, of course, was a natural!
Later that night, they lined the main street with all the hot air balloons and did a light show. It was seriously such a cool experience. Our only regret was that our girls didn't get to see it. Maybe next year?
The next day as we headed back towards home we stopped at Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell to check it out. It's sad to see how low the water level is. They have even had to remove boats and limit the amount of people boating.
Then we stopped to hike through Buckskin Gulch which is the longest and deepest slot canyon in the Southwest. Although we weren't able to hike the whole thing, we did hike quite a ways and it was pretty amazing. Seriously so cool and I love exploring these things with Devin. He just makes everything so much fun!
Tess is so creative. She is constantly coming up with ways to create new things or use old things to make something new. Here she took an old sock and a tube and made a bubble blower.
It was fun having the Olson's in town for a weekend. I didn't take hardly any pictures but the kids have so much fun together. Here they are doing a hot challenge...
And once again these are the only 2 pictures we managed to take today. Coco was sick (yet again) and I was also quite sick so we ended up heading home late rather than staying.
No comments:
Post a Comment