January rolled in with new hopes of our world returning to a more normal state. Although the pandemic didn't change too much in St. George, we still felt the effects at large. Either way, we will carry on doing the best we can and enjoying our blessings as much as possible.
As my health has been a rollercoaster we often have days like this. But Coco stopped taking naps recently, so I definitely take advantage of moments like this.
Looks like someone got into my phone!
Cute little dancer!
With some extra time off for Christmas break, I decided to take the girls down to Las Vegas for some shopping and hanging out. We had fun just messing around for the day.
Addy got tickets to see Hamilton for Christmas and I was able to take her to Salt Lake to see it. It was amazing and she absolutely fell in love with Broadway. We were also able to go with my parents and my sister and her husband. It was fun to be with them and really awesome to have a weekend with Addy!
My sister in law, Becky, and her daughter, Katie, also happened to be there on the same day so we all met up for cheesecake afterwards. So great!


January unexpectedly turned into a big month for us. While at a pet store picking up more turtle food I happened to see a little brown dog in the cage with a bunch of rowdy white dogs. I asked what kind of a dog it was because to me it looked exactly like a bear cub. And then suddenly I found myself asking if I could hold it. It was the most calm, sweetest looking puppy and I sent Devin this picture with the caption, "I'm in trouble!" I have never felt so instantly connected to an animal and loved anything so quickly before. I told Devin that I wanted him to come back to the pet store with me but he was not interested. So then I made the mistake of taking the girls instead. They too completely fell in love and since they had been asking forever if we could get a dog they began begging Devin to let us get him. We talked for almost an hour (while he still refused to meet us at the pet store) talking about why (or why not) we should get this dog. Finally, Devin said, "I can tell how much you love this dog so if you feel like you really need to get it, I will support you." Needless to say, we came home with the dog. We all agreed that Cubby was the perfect name for him. This was a big change for our family since we have never owned (or thought we would ever own). It took lots of figuring out how to handle all his needs, how he fit within our family without changing too much of our own routines, learning how to train him, and teaching the girls how to take care of him. Within a week I had decided that I had made a huge mistake. My health still wasn't the greatest and I was really struggling with waking up with him a few times a night and cleaning up after him all the time. After discussing it with Devin we decided that we should try to sell him. We told the girls and it did not go well, especially for Quincy and Tess. But still, we listed him and continued to work with him while we waited. We did not get any inquiries about him... not one. And as time went on we discovered how smart he was and how easy he was to train. We were able to potty train him pretty quickly and not too long after he was sleeping through the night. For an entire month we waited and nothing. And he became more and more a part of our family.








Even Devin came around to him and decided that his full name was Cubernicus, after the philosopher Cupernicus.
I quickly became the Alpha for him in our family. He follows me everywhere I go and will lay at my feet.
Quincy tried out for the club team at her volleyball league and made it. She was so excited and started working with the team twice a week. They were also playing in tournaments and we are looking forward to see how much she will progress.
Coco watching Quincy play. She kills me sometimes!
Tea parties for days!
That finished up January for us and we were left still in shock with the fact that we now had a dog. February (our next busiest month) was here and we knew it would be chaos and fun all wrapped up into one month.
No comments:
Post a Comment