Friday, June 28, 2019

May 2019

I recently heard May referred to as Maycember because the end of the school year is equally as busy as the holiday season in December.  Boy is that accurate.  This month felt like we were all turkeys with our heads cut off scrambling every which way.  It was a fun month, but we were SO ready for summer by the time this month ended.  

Still with the hair...


 Coco found a love for books and will often grab one and bring it to you to read to her. 

The first part of the month was rough for Coco.  She had more fevers, teething, and so much crying.  The only time she wasn't crying was when I took her outside.  

She even cried herself to sleep in some crazy places...


Both Addie and Quincy were in the school play Summer Camp.  They worked so hard and did such a great job!










 Coco loves the bath so much...


Devin took the younger 2 girls to Temple Square after dropping me off at the airport. 



For Mother's Day weekend, Devin set up a trip for me to San Francisco with a few of our California friends.  After spending the first night with the Villamizar's at their house, Adriana and I took the train into San Francisco...

Quick stop for lunch...

 And then we hiked up the steep streets of SF to get to Coit tower...





 One of the few things that we never had the chance to do when we lived here was to go up Coit tower.  Once inside the tower we got the most spectacular views of the city.  I love San Francisco so much and it was amazing seeing it all from the tower.  So glad we took the time to do this. 














 And then we hiked down to go to the piers...








After that we met up with Tamarie and Olivia for a quick dinner and then to the Orpheum theatre to see Hamilton.  Yes... I saw Hamilton twice in 2 weeks.  Devin had this trip all planned out for me to see this for the first time in San Francisco with my friends.  Then when he was asked to go to Dallas and he spontaneously found tickets there he decided I should see it twice!  And it was worth it... so amazing! And so fun being with all of these beautiful women that I adore.   






 After the play Adriana and I decided to spend the night in the city...


View from our hotel...

We got up the next morning and rode some bikes down to the Ferry Building for the Farmer's Market.  It was fun just taking it easy and enjoy the sights of the city and ocean right next to us.  





I also discovered that a mulberry is an actual berry that you can eat!  They are delicious!


And of course while I was gone, Coco learned a new skill.  She finally figured out how to stand back up after falling down.  This is a life changing event!

 Devin and the girls picked me up from the airport and we all headed to Temple Square...








 Loving a day at the park...



And chill time...




 Tess chose to do gymnastics throughout the year and they do an exhibition every May.  She was looking forward to this for awhile and it was so fun watching her show us all that she learned.  





Addie had the opportunity to sing with her friend Audrey in Sacrament meeting one week and was then asked to sing for the 2 Sacrament meetings held at a retirement home.  It was a great experience for her. Such beautiful singers.


 Coco is not one to leave my side much less be friendly with other people.  During a Ward Conference one Sunday (not in our own ward) she randomly started approaching total strangers and shaking their hands.  I had to take a picture because I couldn't believe it was happening!


She also has been slow at the talking thing.  Even though she understands the things we say to her, she doesn't say very many words yet.  So every time she says something new we get really excited. 


 The end of year School Dance Festival.  It's always fun to watch the girls perform their dances with their classes!



It's funny to see all the places that Coco manages to get into...




 Tess completed Pre-School this month!  She worked so hard and learned to read and write.  She is excited to be in Kindergarten next year and I loved seeing how much she has learned throughout this month.  




It's no secret that Coco is obsessed with my hair.  It's weird. But it comforts her.  Especially when she's not feeling well.  And since she gets sick a lot it can be difficult to comfort her all the time.  So I got the idea of getting her a doll with hair similar to mine.  And it worked like a charm.  I mean, my hair is still her first choice but when she is sick having that doll in her crib is a lifesaver!





Quincy also did gymnastics throughout the year and it was so awesome seeing how much she has been learning!

 Addie and Quincy's cute friends Brinley and Kate came to the exhibition to support Quincy! It was so cute!












And of course, afterwards we had to stop at Swig to celebrate Tess' graduation from Pre-School and the girls doing a great job at completing gymnastics.


Went to the Bean Museum one day...





She is so funny!


Went out to breakfast with the Payne's and made a stop in Eureka...



She is sick so much...


And just like that it was the last day of school!  We were all so excited for summer!


Addie is suddenly old enough to be dropped off at some places with her friends.  As I watched her walk in without me I was overcome with so many emotions: she is growing up into such an amazing girl, but she is growing up so fast!


 Had the urge to make a cute summer wreath...

And that wraps up our May!  Bring on Summer!

No comments: