August arrived, and with it came the looming knowledge that school would be starting soon. As pregnancy symptoms began to fade and I knew there was little time left with all 3 girls at home we tried to step it up and do some fun things.
"Mom... can I do make up too?"
Work party at Lagoon. We were finally able to take the girls and they had a blast! And I must really love them since I was willing to walk my pregnant self around all day in 90 degree weather and not ride any of the rides!
Okay, so I was able to ride the ferris wheel and the sky-ride...
One day I decided we hadn't spent enough time in nature, so I took the girls for a hike up Stewart Falls. I had never been before and it was a bit more difficult than the reviews let on. The girls were surprisingly great about it... we rested as we needed and although it took longer than expected we made it to the falls and had a great time. Plus it was just beautiful!
There were a couple spots that were really rocky and slippery and I had to carry Tess. I joked that I was carrying 2 of my babies!
Decided to take a day trip down to Price with my best friend from college, Jessica, and her kids. We stopped at Grogg's for lunch, played at the Dinosaur Park, and then swam at the Wave Pool. It was such a fun day!
One weekend we decided to try out Tibble Fork Reservoir. It was beautiful and so fun to be out on the water. I haven't been able to paddle board much this summer and it was so great to have a chance to do what I love.
And just like that it was time to get cleaned up and start preparing for school. The girls got some quick haircuts so that we could get some nice pictures of them.
Working hard like dad...
Took the girls for another hike up Battle Creek Falls. I made sure this time that it was a shorter hike for the girls.
Funtopia...
Got as many swim days in as we could before summer was over...
And just like that we were celebrating Back 2 School Night with a fun dinner, treats, and father's blessings for each from their dad.
Fun at Kangaroo Zoo...
And then it was the first day of school. These girls were so excited to start and we were all definitely ready for a routine!
I have definitely felt like I got big pretty quick with this one. At 16 weeks I started feeling "better" but pregnancy is definitely not on my list of things that I enjoy. Since this will be our last I am trying to enjoy it more but that is really hard to do sometimes.
And then it was just her and I again and she is keeping me on my toes...
Mother/Daughter Movie Night for Activity Days. Love spending time with this kid...
Some of our friends decided to hold a Bake Sale for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and we were excited to join in. We baked a bunch of goodies and the kids did the rest. They earned more than $300 and all the proceeds went to the humanitarian relief. So proud of this group!
This little was so ready to start gymnastics again after we took a break for the summer!
Farm Days with friends are always good days...
Back into a schedule and a nice routine as August faded away. Now to prep for the cooler months ahead. BOO!







































































































No comments:
Post a Comment