Devin and I ringing in the New Year at the Hale Center Theatre!
Now that the holidays were over, Devin decided that I needed a new project. He had been wanting to buy a piano for awhile but we were unsure as to how much we wanted to spend on one now, while we still have young kids. He found one and said, "Hey I found this piano that I really want to buy but it probably needs some paint. You up for it?" I said sure and then he brings home this heap...
As you can see it needs a whole lot more than just paint! Laminate was peeling everywhere, there were broken pieces, nobs missing, etc. When I asked him what he was thinking he said that he had faith in me that I could make it beautiful. Well I couldn't say no to that challenge!
After weeks of stripping laminate, sanding, sawing, filling holes, drilling, painting, waxing upholstering, and so on I had finally completed my challenge! And I have been pretty happy with the outcome...
Since Tess is such a busy body, the idea of taking her to a movie is pretty daunting for us. But we decided to give it a try... and she did pretty well!
Tess 'feeding' the baby!
Finally at 18 months Tess was able to go to nursery for the first time. Much like my other girls, she didn't even bat an eye as I left! She has loved it ever since!
Addie just loved holding her newborn cousin Emmalee...
We were so happy to have a chance to celebrate my dad for his birthday. I think my girls like him a little...
We also all got to hold and snug on the twins Emmalee and Asher. Such sweet little things...
Since he was having surgery to hopefully remove his cancer the following month we took this opportunity to give dad a blessing. It was sweet and reassuring and brought a wonderful spirit to the evening. As you can see, Tess wants to be held by Grandpa at all times!
Dad and Grandpa Wayment share a birthday month so we were able to celebrate them both...
Breakfast with the Paynes. This is a tradition that we are happy to be a part of again!
More of Tess' shenanigans...
Even when we are sick we find ways to keep the doctor visits interesting...
Enjoying our new instrument...
At the end of the month we were able to celebrate Quincy and Grandma Payne's birthdays together...


































No comments:
Post a Comment