Easter Fun
I loved that Easter coincided with General Conference this year. I was so grateful for the wonderful talks that were given, and it made our Easter so spiritual and full of reflection. One of the talks that resonated with me the most was the one about how we are all on our own journey, and there is not one that is closer to God or more spiritual than another. It has stayed with me and helped me to change my perspective on a lot of things. I also was extremely grateful to have this little family of mine to enjoy this special day with.
Although it can be hard to be away from family, especially on holidays, we are very fortunate to be able to spend time with some very good friends. We were invited to Easter dinner with The Villamizars. We love spending time with this family!
6 girls, roughly the same ages, and the best of friends...
After dinner the girls got to have an Easter Egg Hunt together and they couldn't have been more excited...
It was a wonderful Easter Sunday!
Tessly is 9 Months
Tessly just seemed to grow in leaps and bounds this month. She would start to reach a new milestone and then suddenly be hitting 2 or 3 more. She is a great eater and especially loves bananas, shredded chicken, eggs, and shredded cheese. She grew her 3rd tooth with more coming. She LOVES blankets, and gets super excited every time you go to put one on her. This month she...
Loved trying out a new toy...
And now we find her everywhere...
Is getting so big that I can no longer keep her contained in the car seat. And she prefers it that way...
Loves to talk and I love her little voice and how she talks...
Loves to play with other babies...
She loves to give kisses...
Tried out the slide for the first time...
Loves to laugh with her sisters (and they love it just as much)...
By the end of the month, she began pulling herself up on things and now she is really unstoppable.
Preschool and Quincy
We are in the last few months of preschool and I have been so proud of how much Quincy has progressed up to this point. She still prefers the crafts and activities over her reading lesson but she is starting to enjoy the reading lessons as well, now that she is more confident in her ability to read.
V is for Volcano (Quincy loves it when Addie can participate in her preschool lessons)...
W is for Whale...
Outside of preschool Quincy has been taking dance at the community center. In the picture below, while waiting for class, she was standing at the door until people would walk up then she would push the Handicap button to open the door for them. She repeated this process for about 20 minutes and was so proud each time she did it!
Vasona Park
Over Spring Break, some friends introduced us to Vasona Park which is a gorgeous park filled with an environmental center, a lake, bridges, creeks, walking/biking trails, and playgrounds. It was gorgeous and we had an awesome day...
Beach Day
To finish out our Spring Break I decided to take the girls to the beach. It was a perfect day and I was so glad that we went. All 3 girls loved the sand and Tess only had to put it in her mouth once and she never did it again.
Visit From Grandpa Wayment
Whenever Grandpa Wayment is in town for work, he always takes time to stop in and visit with us. And he makes special visits when its one of the girl's birthdays. This month he came and took Addie shopping for her birthday and then took us all out to pizza. We all love it when Grandpa visits!
Field Trip
Addie's class had a field trip to the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I was grateful that I was able to go with her on this field trip. I had a friend watch the other girls for part of the morning until Devin could pick them up and it was great to have some 1 on 1 time with Addie (and 5 other first graders!)
And suddenly it was May and I nearly missed the transition between the 2 months. Will I ever keep up?
Although it can be hard to be away from family, especially on holidays, we are very fortunate to be able to spend time with some very good friends. We were invited to Easter dinner with The Villamizars. We love spending time with this family!
6 girls, roughly the same ages, and the best of friends...
After dinner the girls got to have an Easter Egg Hunt together and they couldn't have been more excited...
It was a wonderful Easter Sunday!
Tessly is 9 Months
Tessly just seemed to grow in leaps and bounds this month. She would start to reach a new milestone and then suddenly be hitting 2 or 3 more. She is a great eater and especially loves bananas, shredded chicken, eggs, and shredded cheese. She grew her 3rd tooth with more coming. She LOVES blankets, and gets super excited every time you go to put one on her. This month she...
Loved trying out a new toy...
Really figured out the crawling thing...
And now we find her everywhere...
Is getting so big that I can no longer keep her contained in the car seat. And she prefers it that way...
Loves to talk and I love her little voice and how she talks...
Loves to play with other babies...
She loves to give kisses...
Tried out the slide for the first time...
Loves to laugh with her sisters (and they love it just as much)...
By the end of the month, she began pulling herself up on things and now she is really unstoppable.
Preschool and Quincy
We are in the last few months of preschool and I have been so proud of how much Quincy has progressed up to this point. She still prefers the crafts and activities over her reading lesson but she is starting to enjoy the reading lessons as well, now that she is more confident in her ability to read.
V is for Volcano (Quincy loves it when Addie can participate in her preschool lessons)...
W is for Whale...
Outside of preschool Quincy has been taking dance at the community center. In the picture below, while waiting for class, she was standing at the door until people would walk up then she would push the Handicap button to open the door for them. She repeated this process for about 20 minutes and was so proud each time she did it!
Vasona Park
Over Spring Break, some friends introduced us to Vasona Park which is a gorgeous park filled with an environmental center, a lake, bridges, creeks, walking/biking trails, and playgrounds. It was gorgeous and we had an awesome day...
Beach Day
To finish out our Spring Break I decided to take the girls to the beach. It was a perfect day and I was so glad that we went. All 3 girls loved the sand and Tess only had to put it in her mouth once and she never did it again.
Visit From Grandpa Wayment
Whenever Grandpa Wayment is in town for work, he always takes time to stop in and visit with us. And he makes special visits when its one of the girl's birthdays. This month he came and took Addie shopping for her birthday and then took us all out to pizza. We all love it when Grandpa visits!
Field Trip
Addie's class had a field trip to the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I was grateful that I was able to go with her on this field trip. I had a friend watch the other girls for part of the morning until Devin could pick them up and it was great to have some 1 on 1 time with Addie (and 5 other first graders!)
And suddenly it was May and I nearly missed the transition between the 2 months. Will I ever keep up?










































No comments:
Post a Comment