If I could put our October into an equation it would look like this: Craziness + Chaos + Fun= A Super Eventful Month! Here's what we did...
Dates
Since Tessly was born there has been little to none 1 on 1 time with the other girls. I decided it was high time that some Mommy/Daughter dates took place. Addie was first. She LOVES rides and hasn't been able to go on any of the bigger rides at California's Great America, so that was our date. I had so much fun with my little thrill seeker! She is such a sweet kid!

Next up was Quincy who is a big movie lover. So our date was trip to the theatre to see The Box Trolls. She loved seeing this movie and I really enjoyed having some alone time with this sweet and sassy kid.
Devin and I were even able to sneak in a quick date. Though it was more of a threesome with our sweet little babe in tow.
Tessly at 3 Months
Tessly tried out the pool for the first time this month. She loved being in the water and just kicked her little legs around.
In the mornings, Tessly wakes up and lets out one loud, quick wail. When I come in to get her this is what I find...


She has learned to grab hands, toys, and faces this month. It is so fun to see her reach these little milestones.


The medicine that Tessly takes for her acid reflux causes her to become constipated. So rather than having small daily poopy diapers, she has major blowouts every few days...
Hangin' out in the Bumbo...
Besties holding their baby sisters...
Baby girl definitely gets lots of love from her sisters...
Tummy Time
We call this the "sweet spot" because it is the sweetest feeling when she lays her head against your chest like this.
Preschool
Although it can be difficult at times, I have really enjoyed doing preschool with Quincy. She is already showing progress and I feel lucky that I get to be the one to witness that.
Utah
As we have watched our sweet baby growing this month, we became sad that so many of our family and friends still hadn't met her. Devin, being as thoughtful as he is, decided that I should take a quick trip with Tess to Utah. Her first trip via airplane, and she was a rockstar. As we got on the plane she was 'talking' and people were getting out of their seats to see her. Then as we started to take off, she went right to sleep. It was perfect.
I had asked one of my best friends from Sandy to pick me up at the airport. As I sat waiting in the pick up zone, little did I know that all 3 of my besties were running through the airport looking for me. Screams (and rawrs) erupted as we finally reunited, scaring the crap out of Tessly. We spent all of the next day together, clear into the wee hours of the morning. These ladies are the most wonderful friends, and I relish the time that I can spend with them.
I was also able to visit Jess, my best friend from college, who was so sweet to schedule a hair appointment for me. I needed a drastic change, and she is the only one I would ever trust with that.
14 inches later and I feel totally liberated.
Then I had a day with my family. My sisters and their families came to meet Tessly in the morning. I also got to meet my niece, Scarlett, for the first time who was born 2 months before Tessly. It was such a great morning hanging out with them again.
Later that night my grandparents came over for dinner. I was so happy that I had a chance to visit with them during this trip and that they were able to meet Tessly.
Grandma Johnson
Aunt Cathy
Grandma and Grandpa Wayment
Then I had a day with the Payne family. I am so lucky that I have in laws that I love as much as my own family.
Grandpa Payne meeting Tessly for the first time
Meeting the Lingwalls
We were so fortunate to have Ryan, Sara, and kids in town at the exact same time. Although the reason for their visit was sad, I was glad for the chance to see them.
And before we knew it Tess and I were headed back home. I couldn't have asked for a better trip and we are so grateful for all our friends and family did to make it possible.
Halloween Fun
Decorating Halloween cookies...
Over one weekend we went with our good friends, the Villamizar's, to a pumpkin patch. It was such a fun day and all 6 girls were so great!
Sofia and Addie
Victoria and Quincy
The girls before going into the haunted house. They were all so excited and determined to go...
And after... 3 out 4 girls terrified and crying!
My beauties...
Pony rides...
Face painting...
And pumpkins...
Also, sometimes I have to feed Tessly standing up. It is quite the feat, and my arms are like jello by the time she's done, but mothers do almost anything for their children!
While Tess and I were in Utah, Devin took the girls and 2 of their friends to another pumpkin patch and then to the Ward Halloween Party. He is such a great dad!
Grandpa Wayment came for a visit the day before Halloween so we all painted pumpkins together. It was a fun night.
Halloween Parade at Addie's school. Quincy absolutely wanted to be a part of it and I love that Addie is so willing to include her.
Our Frozen Trio. Elsa, Olaf, and Anna. (Special thanks to my mom for helping me make the Olaf costume!)
Trick or Treating was so much fun. The girls loved it (except when there was a scary house which Quincy refused to go to!) and Tessly was her sweet, calm self the whole time.
It's even more fun when we go with friends!
What a month! We are so blessed to have had so much fun and so many wonderful opportunities!



















































No comments:
Post a Comment