Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mid-September

The first half of September has been an attempt to get into and get used to a routine.  It all still feels a little chaotic to me but I guess that's normal when a there's a baby in the house.  Here's a few things that have happened in these last few weeks...


Quincy started preschool.  I decided that I wanted one more year with this fireball so I put together a curriculum (much like what I did for Addie) and we started the first week of September.  I was a little nervous about teaching Quincy because she has a very different learning style but so far it has been going very well.  She actually gets pretty excited for preschool days which makes me very happy!


Tessly at 2 months.  It's hard to believe that she has been with us for 2 months already!  She has been just about the sweetest baby you can imagine.  She rarely cries, and when she does is easily consoled.  She loves talking and smiling and it usually doesn't take much to get it out of her.  We have even been able to get some laughs from her.  She has started sleeping 8 hours at night and is alert for a lot of the day.  She loves looking at shapes and trees and anyone's face.  At her check up her stats were- Height: 23.5 in (90%), Weight: 11lbs 15oz (66%), Head: 16 in (97%)

And her sisters still love cuddling, talking, singing, and especially kissing her.


When my parents were in town Dev and I got to sneak out to hit a bucket of balls.  We were grateful that my mom was so willing to watch all 3 girls for us so we could have a quick date!



And we all went to our first Stanford game.  Devin found tickets for $3 so clearly we couldn't pass it up!  But the heat was a little too much for the 3 girls so we only lasted until half time.  But it was still fun and we are hoping to go to a night game sometime soon. 


Due to the chaos, sometimes laundry just doesn't get done on time.  When that happens, the girls get to use some of my shirts as their jammies.  Clearly they don't mind.  

And that brings us halfway into September.  The girls will be starting some extracurricular activities in a couple of days so the chaos will be increasing, but in a good way.  And we are looking forward to the rapidly approaching holidays... they will be here before we know it!

No comments: