- Her emotions are thick and can change in an instant. She will literally go from being so sad to laughing her head off within minutes.
- She is as social as they come. She always makes a friend no matter where we go and I often find her talking to people she has never met. For those she does know, she loves running up to them to give a big grin and a hello and maybe even a big hug if you're really special. She fits herself right in to Addie's Kindergarten class and anywhere else she goes.
- She is super excited about having a baby. She has always been enamored with babies and always wants to see them, play with them, or touch them. She is thrilled that we will finally have one of our own. Her preference on brother/sister changes daily but she mostly insists that we are having another sister.
- She is my cuddle bug. I find that she is growing out of this more and more which makes me so sad, but every once in a while she just loves to cuddle with you and it is bliss.
- Her attention span is growing. Quincy has never been one to sit still and learn something or even listen to a book for very long. She is more of a hands on, lets get physical, kind of girl. In my attempts to do pre-school with her, I have found that we need to be quick and to the point or she will lose interest fast. But lately, she seems to be able to last longer and retain more and its fun to see her learning abilities expanding.
- She is obsessed with Frozen. She and Addie play the characters Elsa and Anna and they sing the songs over and over and over and over.... Not a day goes by that we don't hear "Do You Want To Build a Snowman" or "Let It Go" at least a few times.
- Her favorite foods are peanut butter sandwiches, fruit, avocados, and cupcakes. But she will try just about anything and likes most of what she tries, unless it's "too spicy".
- She is a ball of fun. We can always count on Quincy to do something funny or unexpected and she loves making people laugh.
- Some of our favorite phrases of hers are: "It's okay, its a mistake. It's okay that we make a mistake," "I'm serious, I'm really serious," "I don't want to sell you away Mom cause you're a good Mom," and "I know, I know. I can do it myself."
- Words that she says wrong that we absolutely don't want to fix: Magic= Magitch, Another= Nother, It doesn't matter= It doesn't care.
We celebrated her big day by doing the following...
Opened presents first thing in the morning...
Doughnuts for breakfast...
Took her new bike out for a spin...
Lunch date with Daddy...
And an Icecream Cake to top it all off!
Then, at the end of the week, she had a Princess Party to celebrate with her friends. We had 10 little princesses running around and it was such a fun day. She was so excited for her party and patiently waited for it since we had to postpone it for a week due to her and I being sick.
We decorated tiaras...
Had some snacks...
Decorated cupcakes...
Had a Find the Princess game. Addie drew all the princesses for this game and then hid them around the house for the girls to find. She was so excited to help with this party and loved that she got to be in charge of a game!
We also had a balloon pop game which didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The idea was that we would pop the balloons filled with prizes and candy, just like a doing a piñata. Unfortunately, it scared some of the girls and we may have traumatized them a little. But all in all the party was a success and these cute girls had so much fun together.
Our Q-Bug is a 4 year old now and we are excited for what the next year will bring for her!















No comments:
Post a Comment