Monday, February 10, 2014

January Sum Up

January came and went so quickly for us I can hardly believe it.  I am used to January feeling like it's never going to end, but this year we blinked and February was here.  So now its time document some of the fun we had in January...

13 Weeks Pregnant
I popped super fast this time around.  Even strangers had been commenting on me being pregnant a couple weeks before this!



San Francisco With My Amazing Friends
I made some incredible friends during our time in Sandy, Ut.  Like the kind you will keep for life.  They were so awesome to fly to California for a girl's weekend.  And it was epic!  Too many stories, funnies, and things to remember.  Let's just say we shopped, ate more than we should have, walked almost all of San Francisco, and laughed so hard we cried.
  The first day was so rainy, and an open bus tour probably wasn't the best idea, but we survived it.  And thanks to the gentleman below (who clearly couldn't work an iPhone) we were able to get a good (or several good) pictures to remember the wet craziness!

                                  Warming up with a Ghirardelli hot chocolate was a must!
                                          (Megan, Melanie, Jen, Brooke, Me, and Carla)

The next day was a beautiful day so we rented some bikes and took an 8 mile ride over the Golden Gate Bridge into Sausalito.  It was amazing.  This was one of the things on my San Francisco bucket list and it was so great having these ladies along for the ride.



                     And of course what is a trip to San Francisco without a stop at Full House?

It was such a fun trip, and went by all too quickly.  I hated sending them back to Utah, but so glad for the amazing SF memories we made!



Field Trips
 Quincy and I are so lucky that we get to be a part of Addie's Kindergarten Adventures.  We volunteer in her classroom on most Friday's and the teachers are so great about letting Quincy be involved.  We also get to be a part of the field trips that they take.  This month they went to see the play The Princess and the Pea.  The kiddos loved it!


Martin Luter King Jr. Day
I can quite honestly say that I have NEVER had an MLK holiday like this one!  70 degrees in January!  Perfect!  So we took advantage of the nice weather and no school/work and headed to Santa Cruz beach.  It was lovely!


Pre-School Co-Op
Quincy recently joined a pre-school co-op and she has been loving it!  The last week of January was our week to teach so we talked about Chinese New Year.  Here they are dipping some fortune cookies in chocolate and sprinkles.  This group of girls (minus 2 here) is such a fun group and I am glad Quincy gets to be a part of it.


And that was our January... mingled with some sickness and some regular living... and now on to February which will be an eventful month for sure! 

No comments: