Mother's Day:
There are a couple things that I want to remember from Mother's Day this year. The first was the awesome 90's sitcom rap that Devin wrote for me...
We met as perfect strangers in a coal-mining town,
I said, girl, please be mine, she said, “Aight, I’m down”,
Step by step we built a full house packed with estrogen,
I guess that means we have family matters every now and then,
No biggie she’s a Mom who’s a real-time dreama,
She performin’ magic like that good witch, Sabrina,
Her all-around mom skills leave me in a stupor,
People like hanging with her… more than Mr. Cooper,
Ain’t no need to ask who, we know she’s the boss,
She won’t even take a break, unlike Rachel and Ross,
She’s as steady as the hand of the master of jenga,
Boy, it’s easy to meet this world with a girl hotter than Tapanga,
Take a sniff of that Bel Air, I’m lucky to be her fresh prince,
She’s the perfect mommy to Addie and Quince,
Her talents are impeccable, just like the soup nazi,
So if she comes to your town, watch out for paparazzi,
Like the other side of the pillow, she’s cooler than Slater,
Richter tried to put her on the scale, but he can’t even rate her,
My time is up, but sister, sister I’ve got one last thing to say,
Krystal, I love you girl, have a Happy Mother’s Day!
And then of course this song that the girls sang for me...
Also these sweet pictures...
Quincy spent almost the entire evening with my Grandma Johnson. Now, while it seems that they are super close and see each other all the time, that actually isn't the case. Quincy seems to have a special connection to certain people (especially those who need an extra bit of love). In this case... My Grandpa Johnson had passed away just 2 days prior to Mother's Day and this little sweetie just made my Grandma's day and gave her some much needed love.
Grandpa Johnson's Funeral
As I said before my Grandpa Johnson passed away unexpectedly on May 10, 2013. It's never an easy thing explaining death to small children, and this was no exception. The girls kept asking things like "When is he going to wake up?" "After we sing the song, will he wake up then?" "So we don't get to play with him anymore?" The last question was particularly hard. My last memories of my Grandpa were watching him play and read with my children, and I can honestly say that I have never seen my Grandpa happier than those moments that my kids were in his lap.
(December 2012)
(December 2012)
Memorial Weekend
Take 2 girls, add some dirt, lizards, 4 wheelers, and bunk beds and you get a desert wonderland known as Grandma and Grandpa Wayment's cabin. The girls absolutely loved being at the cabin and here are the pictures to prove it...
We love our times at the cabin!













No comments:
Post a Comment