Our first night there we walked around downtown and found The Bean. Seriously the simplest and yet the most amazing piece of art I have ever seen. Just beautiful...
On our way back to the hotel not only did we have beautiful scenery, but we also had a small (and scary) encounter with a homeless (and probably drugged up) man. Luckily he just needed to yell a bit and we were able to quickly walk away.
The next couple days, while Devin went to work, I headed to The Magnificent Mile...
And walked quite a few miles taking in the sights of downtown...
On Wednesday night we headed out to Navy Pier which was a fun boardwalk...
Here we ate at Harry Carey's...
On Thursday we took an Architectural Tour down the Chicago River, which was amazing. I could post a hundred pictures on this but will limit it to these three...
We also ate some famous Chicago Deep Dish Pizza at a place called Gino's East. A-Mazing...
On Friday we were able to go to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. It was definitely one for the books... not because it was a great game: Cubs lost 2 -1... but just being at Wrigley was a great moment.
And of course we had to have a Chicago dog here. This is now my favorite way to eat a hot dog...
Then we went to Willis Tower which was an awesomely crazy experience. Pictures don't do justice but it was really scary standing out in the clear box 103 floors (that's 1400 feet) in the air...

It was such an awesome city to visit... even though it definitely lived up to it's nickname! We had a great time and can't thank my mom and Devin's dad enough for taking care of the girls while we were gone!


























1 comment:
thank you for the play by play! I've always regretted not visiting Chicago while we were 5 hours away in Des Moines. now I almost feel like I was there...almost ;-)
glad you had such a good tome!
Post a Comment