Devin and I decided that this year (for the first time since we were married 7 years ago) we would be one of those "fun" families and celebrate Halloween like it is meant to be celebrated. I mean, we fill our holidays with endless activities and crafts and we try to live it up as much as possible. But are you really living if you don't dress up? Well, we really lived it up this year... cause it's living even more when you have a family theme!
Devin and I had recently seen Wicked when it came to town, and I am not ashamed to admit that I am now obsessed (as in I listen to the music daily). After seeing Wicked, a sweet lady in our ward brought over a gorgeous princess dress that she had made for Addie. The moment she put it on I thought, Wow... she looks just like Glinda, all pink and sparkly! And that was the birth of our Wicked/Wizard of Oz theme.
Glinda:
Dorothy:
Elfaba/Wicked Witch:
Fiero/Scarecrow:
Together at the Trunk Or Treat:
Halloween Party with Cousins:
On Halloween Day we decided to throw together a Preschool Halloween Party.
The girls got to invite a few friends over and we played a few games, had a spooky lunch...
and decorated cookies.
It was fun way to spend the morning of Halloween.
Trick or Treating was interesting this year. Last year we had to fight to get Addie to stop, but this year she was done before it even got dark. That is until we got a text from her bestie (well her bestie's mom) seeing if we could go around with them. With a friend by her side, she could have gone all night, even after the friend got tired!
I think I like this family dress up! Let's see how long I can keep it going before Devin puts the kibosh on it!












1 comment:
Cute Halloween pictures! And Payne looks THRILLED to be dressed up! ;) What a trooper! Glad you had such a fun day and evening! xo
Post a Comment