Saturday, November 17, 2012

Back Tracking

I was looking through my pictures and realized that there were a few undocumented things that happened over the past few months. And since this blog serves as my journal/scrapbook, I figured I had better take a minute to catch up on the things I had missed.

At some point during September, Quincy decided that she was ready for potty training to start.  She started taking off her diapers (clean ones luckily), telling me when she was going, and started saying yes to going on the potty.  I was holding out for winter time when we would be stuck at home, but wasn't about to hold her back.  It has definitely had its ups and downs.  She does really well when she wants to, but sometimes she can get stubborn or distracted and accidents happen.  She really enjoyed the potty chart though and was really motivated after picking out her reward.  Its weird to not have any kids in diapers, I mean good-weird, but still weird!

                                (Playing on the toy she picked out for her reward for being potty trained)



Adalyn decided she wanted to try out swim lessons.  She has always been very cautious in the water.  I could never get her to dunk her whole head in or go down bigger slides on her own so we hoped that lessons would help.  Boy did they ever!  She loves being in the water now... and although she is still cautious, she jumps, and dunks, and swims underwater like a fish.  We will definitely be signing her up again.



We also started our At Home Preschool in September.  Man, I will never judge teachers very harshly after this experience!  I definitely took for granted how much work goes into just the curriculum alone, let alone the actual teaching. However, it is all worth it when I say, "Okay girls... Time for preschool!" and I always get a resounding, "Yay... Preschool!"  And I definitely love being a part of my girls' learning experiences.  Here are a few pics from our journey thus far...
                                                                  (D is for Dinosaur)

(E is for Elephant)

                                                                          (F is for Fish)



Adalyn's eyes have been consistently improving with her glasses over the last 7 months, but at her recent eye appointment the doctor said that she has plateaued.  In order for her eyes to continue to get better we had to take the next step.  She now wears an eye patch on her better eye for 2 hours a day, to force her "not so good" eye to work harder and continue to get better.  She is so good about wearing the patch, and luckily we were able to get some stylish ones so she is always eager to pick out the one she will wear each day.




Glad I had a minute to get this in before the holiday craziness begins!  Always love this time of year... but it is busy, busy!






No comments: