We have been "potty training" Adalyn since she was 18 months old. She started going on the potty quite a bit and we thought for sure she would be out of diapers by the time she was 2. Then we moved... twice. And she gave up completely. We did everything we could think of. Bribed her with chocolate and suckers, bought Dora panties, offered toys of her choice, bought Princess panties, told her about all of her friends who went on the potty, and so on and so on. We even let her wear the panties to get the feel of it. And here we are, 1 month away from 3 years old and although she would go here and there, I didn't really have any hope. Quite a few people told me that I just needed to wait until she was ready and one day she would just surprise us. I should have believed you wise people... it would have saved me a lot of time and effort! Last Sunday, Devin asked Addie, "Do you want to wear panties?" I shot him a look that said, "Are you crazy?" and quickly said, "She isn't ready, Dev." To which he replied, "No harm in trying." He then explained the terms to Addie, and the process began... Again. And as much as I hate to admit it, Devin was right. Adalyn decided that she was ready. She has been in panties ever since! Yay!
Here is Addie with her Potty Chart. Every time she went on the potty she got to put a sticker on her chart. When the chart was full she got the toy that she picked out from the store.
And here she is with the toy that she picked... A box of the Princess dresses for her to dress up in.
Next up... Quincy, Lil Q, the Quincmiester. This girl is really starting to go. She has been walking with our hands for quite some time now. About a month ago she decided that one finger was all she needed. And although she has taken 1 or 2 steps by herself here and there, she has finally started to be brave enough to venture out on her own...
This is just one clip of the many times she has walked back and forth between Devin and I. She has even started walking to us from other objects (couches, chairs, etc). Needless to say, we are pretty excited about these recent changes in the Payne Household!
2 comments:
Congrats on the potty training! I keep hoping for the day Blake will surprise us!
Yay for Addie! I can't believe she'll be 3 here in a week or so. Crazy!!! Good seeing you guys while in Utah. Disappointed we didn't make it to your new house, it's on top of our list the next time we come. Sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment