Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Amazing

So, it's no secret... Pregnancy is a difficult time for me. The hormones, the sickness, the tiredness, the swelling, and the large protruding belly that makes it impossible to bend over at all. It has been a major trial for me, particularly this second pregnancy. Although I'm not sure why (maybe it's the hormones, or maybe it's because rather than getting the rest I need I am chasing a 1 year old) it has been rather difficult this time around. I have felt overwhelmed and under-rested. I have also felt that I haven't been dealing with this trial as well as I know I can... I am finding it harder to stay positive and easier to fall into the "poor me" mentality. Which is even more frustrating for me, considering what time of year it is. This is my favorite time of year, and yet I feel that it has been harder for me to enjoy.

Last night, I was reminded of all this. I had a moment to do some Christmas shopping, alone, and on the drive I heard a song that for some reason caught my attention. It is not profound in any way, doesn't have an inspirational message, and is really just your typical country love song.
But for me, it reminded me just how lucky I am. While listening to this song I immediately thought of Devin, and decided that this would be considered "his song." If you know my husband you will understand why. If you don't know him, know that he is just one of those special people that everyone wants to be friends with because of how AMAZING he really is. Not because he works at it, but simply because it is in his nature. I was reminded last night that somehow I was fortunate enough, not only to first become his friend, but to then have received the promise of being with him forever. And now, even through my most difficult trials, I get to have him by my side helping me, pushing me, and loving me through it all. And our daughters will be so fortunate to have one AMAZING father as their example.

So thank you Devin, for being the AMAZING person that you are and putting up with me (I know it isn't always easy!) I love you. (Sorry for the sappy post!!)

1 comment:

Jodi Nelson said...

I totally understand the pregnancy is difficult thing. It is difficult for me too in so many physical (AND emotional) ways. I hear other people say "i can't complain" or "i'm not one to complain... i'm so grateful to be pregnant" blah blah blah, and all I can think is, boy I can sure complain, as grateful as I am too, it's TOUGH!!!! Anyways, I hear ya, i feel ya, know you are not alone there. I also appreciate the driving alone quiet-think time, I love that time and the things that run through my head. It's crazy what you think about when you don't have a child to distract you. :) AND, third, Brandon sure thinks the world of Devin and what a great person and friend he is so we second that. You are awesome, hang in there Krystal!!! Let's get together soon.