Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lucky Girl!

Tonight I had a sweet moment. While sitting in the bathroom, so sick I could die and feeling sorry for myself, I suddenly heard the sweetest sounds coming from the next room. Devin was starting Adalyn's bedtime routine, here was the process: While changing her, Devin would start by singing a song in a funny tone followed by Addie saying something random like "toes" or "eyes." Then they moved on to reading books, where Devin would again read in a funny voice or accent and Addie responded by playing her new favorite game (she pulls her arm inside the sleeve of her pajamas and waits for us to say "Where's your hand?" and then she excitedly shoots her arm out of her sleeve. This is repeated SEVERAL times.) For some reason tonight this really touched my heart. It really hit me... I Am A Lucky Girl! Too often I take for granted all that I have been blessed with. To have a husband so selfless and loving who is also a father who invests that love in his daughter, is more than I deserve. Then to add an adorable daughter who makes us laugh and fills our hearts with love. And another (so far) healthy child on the way. Not to mention our health, Devin's job, our wonderful families, my ability to be a stay at home mom... and the list goes on. So much to be thankful for... and so much taken for granted. I really am a lucky, no a blessed, woman and I hope that I continue to recognize and delight in these little moments that remind me how blessed I truly am.





















3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you guys were expecting again (haven't been keeping up with blogs lately). :) Congratulations! I am excited for you!

Kylie said...

I didn't know you were having another baby?! Dev, looks like you really did beat us all! Congrats!

sarita said...

Sorry you were so sick :(

Hope you're feeling better today!