Tuesday, July 11, 2017

April 2017

April was a lot of fun for us!  Lots of activities and even a quick vacation to see some family.  Here's how it all went down.


When Devin has to travel for work I try to fill our days with activities so that we don't go too crazy.  Movie nights are always a welcome activity in our house!


Girl's Night Out with the 2 older girls.  We went to Hale Center Theatre to see Peter and the Star-catcher.  The girls loved it and we had such a good time!


Then we decided to drive to Colorado to spend some time with Gavin and Becky and their girls.  

But first we had to stop in Price to eat at Groggs! Always my favorite!

First day in Colorado we went to Boondocks.  Go carts, arcade games, bowling, and a water ride!  Such a fun day!













Day 2 we took the kids to a park full of these beautiful sculptures...






And then on to a playground...


On the 3rd day we were able to go to a fun Easter event.  There were games with prizes, an easter egg hunt, food, a petting zoo, and even the Easter Bunny made an appearance. 







Then for lunch we headed to a "must do" Colorado experience... Casa Bonita.  Let's just say I'm glad we had the experience... and that now we NEVER have to do it again!


The not so desirable food shoots out at you from this hole in the wall. 



The girls were exhausted after such a fun filled day!

We also got to be there during Maggie's birthday party and the girls had a blast.  Here they are playing with some stretchy slime.


In all my 33 years I have had every injury possible.  Broken bones, concussions, torn ligaments, staples, etc.  But I have never had to have staples and I sort of prided myself on that.  Well after slicing my hand while cutting some vegetables I knew right away that it was too deep to just leave it. 6 stitches later and I can no longer say that I have never had stitches.  


Tulip Festival

When you go with your besties and this is the best picture you get...



Decorating sugar cookies for Easter...




We decided that this year we wouldn't do big birthday parties for the girls.  As Addie's birthday got closer she started asking if she could just invite a few friends over for a movie night.  To make it fair we let Quincy invite a few friends as well and in 2 days we threw together this Pizza/Movie Party.  It was so fun watching all these girls interact and giggle and it really made me so grateful for the friends that my girls have been blessed with.  








Easter egg coloring...





Easter Morning.  Easter was a little different for us this year since Addie was spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's for her birthday.  It was weird not having all 3 girls together but it was still a wonderful day nonetheless. 





Later we drove up to my parents house to give Addie her basket and watch the girls do an Easter Egg Hunt.  Such a great time!








Addie turns 9! This was the first year that she didn't ask for toys and its a bit hard when your littles decide that they aren't so little any more.  It has been so fun watching her grow into the compassionate, smart, adventurous, strong-willed, helpful person that she has become.  






Addie also started softball this month and wow it was fun watching her grow in this sport that she loves. 


Because I have Tess at home I didn't have many opportunities to attend field trips this year, but when Quincy specifically asked me to come to this field trip at the Zoo, I couldn't say no.  It was so fun taking this group around the zoo and spending the day with my Q. 


Daddy Daughter Dance at Sego Lily is always something these girls look forward to. I mean, who wouldn't want a night out with this guy?  


All throughout the month, Uncle Matt spent a lot of time helping us to finish the second room downstairs and fix some things in the other room.  Along with growing up, Addie decided that she was ready for her own room and we decided to move the girls downstairs.  She was so excited when it was done and we are all super impressed with Matt's skills!


April was such a fun month we were sad to see it go.  But we knew that May would be just as eventful and we couldn't wait for all that it would bring!

No comments: