After the holidays January slows down quite a bit for us. And the bitter cold of a Utah January finds us hunkering down indoors a lot more than normal.
When there was finally enough snow we headed out to the nearest hill and took the girls sledding. It was a lot of fun but didn't last long with a frozen 2 year old!
I started another furniture project for our basement living room. I love painting furniture...taking something old and making it fun and colorful!
Tess loves to color! On this particular day I sat down to color
with her and I noticed her watching me color inside the lines of the picture. After watching for a minute she began making smaller strokes with the markers, trying to imitate me. Its amazing how observant she is!
We had lots of cuddle/sick/stay in bed kind of days.
Devin took the older girls and their friends sledding on another weekend. Too much fun!
Quincy, Lizzie, Kembree, and Addie.
Tess was fully potty trained this month! I had planned to start her after the new year but she had her own plans. On New Years Day she attended her new nursery class at church which has a miniature sized bathroom in the room. Her teachers came and got me out of my class and said, "Tess is asking to go to the bathroom but we noticed that she was still wearing a diaper so we wanted to see what you wanted us to do." My response: "Uhhh. She's never done that before so I don't know." I decided to go in and take her and she went like she has been doing it all along. After that she was in panties within a few days and not even wearing diapers at night within a couple of weeks. She had minimal accidents the whole time. As a bit of a reward system she got a Sofia paint set that she just loved.
Doing some Valentines crafting...
One night, Devin surprised the girls with Nerf guns and we had an ultimate Nerf gun battle. Such a fun night.
My old Sandy book club decided that it would be fun to have a book club based on Devin's book. Devin and Chris talked to us about their process of writing/illustrating the book and we even made some Tag-a-long cookies to go with it.
This kid tries so hard to be independent, which can be hard with your body can't keep up with your mind.
Little buddies...
One day Tess asked me to play a game with her. She pulled out these cards and began separating them so we started learning numbers with Phase 10 cards.
Had an impromptu visit with Grandma Ruth. We really enjoy all the time we get to spend with this wonderful lady.
Quincy really needed some 1 on 1 time to discuss how things were going and reassess what we can do to make things better. Of course we did this over sushi! I love that she is so adventurous and willing to try different things!
We also had a weekend visit with our favorite Oregonians, the Rickers! I mean, its hard to tell from the pictures but I don't think my kids got a long with them at all! It was so fun to have them stay with us!
Devin and Chris had a great opportunity to speak about their book at a Charter school's reading fair. They did such a great job and had a great turnout!
Lots of goofing around with this little one...
2 year olds are kind of the greatest.
Not going to lie... I wasn't too sad when January came to an end. Moving forward to warmer weather is always a good thing in my eyes!









































No comments:
Post a Comment