Monday, June 16, 2014

Half Way Through June

The first part of June has easily felt like the busiest month so far.  Or maybe I am just 10 times as tired as usual so I feel like it has been busier... Who knows?  But with school activities, birthday parties, end of school, finishing up extra-curricular activities, more preparations for baby, and time for fun, we have been kept going almost every day.  

We purchased a new rocker/recliner for our room to help with the baby.  Devin, being the awesome dad that he is, took the box that it came in and made a house for the girls.  They thought it was the coolest thing ever and have loved having their own cardboard box house.



One of the last school activities that was held for this year was Pizza in the Park.  The kindergarten kids walked to a nearby park where they spent the entire day playing games, running through the water fountains, and eating pizza.  It was a fun day and again I was grateful that Quincy and I could be a part of it.






We headed out to the beach one weekend with some friends.  It wasn't the warmest day to start out but any day at the beach is a good day!  We even saw some dolphins swimming close to shore... pretty crazy!



June 10:  I hit 35 weeks and with it has come the swelling, discomfort, heartburn, exhaustion, and roller coaster of emotion.  I am trying so hard to enjoy these last few weeks but it has been a little difficult.  I am ready to be done with pregnancy.  The question is... Am I ready for what comes after it? 



June 11: Adalyn's last day of Kindergarten!  Such a bitter/sweet day for me.  While I have been eagerly waiting for when she would be home all day with us again, I am sad that her first year of school is already over.  I have enjoyed watching her grow in every way throughout this last year.  I am so grateful that we were given the opportunity to be a part of her class on so many occasions.  From "Fun Fridays" to field trips to activities at the school, I have loved all the time that Quincy and I  have been able to spend with the Kindergarteners.  Quincy jumped right in as if the class were her own and it was fun to see her be a part of all of it.  Adalyn LOVED Kindergarten and she developed socially and academically so much!   

Mr. Horn was Adalyn's Kindergarten teacher and we couldn't have asked for a better one.  He helped, encouraged, worked with, and cared for Addie in the way that every parent hopes for.  He even made Quincy feel like she was a part of the class when we were there to volunteer.  


Addie was able to make some good friends this year as well.  
Anna, Addie, Savannah, Yule, and Alondra. 

Quincy, Addie, Sofia, Yule


A few months back Quincy decided she wanted to take some dance classes.  So we signed her up for Community Center Tap/Ballet class and she loved it.  They had a recital and it was so cute.  Can't help but love this girl...





Devin had a meeting in San Francisco one day, and with Addie out of school we decided to take the opportunity to get to the city once more before the baby comes.  No matter how many times I come to the city I don't think that I will ever tire of it.  And the girls love it just as much.  After several hours of being there they begged us to stay longer.  Girls after my own heart!  




Now here we are just 3 weeks until the new baby comes.  The girls are really excited and keep saying, "I wish the baby could just come now!"  But if the rest of this month passes as quickly as the first part, she will be here before we know it.  In the mean time, we will try to keep busy and enjoy it as much as possible.  


No comments: