Monday, March 3, 2014

The End of February

Last week, Devin turned 31.  He had a pretty typical parent birthday... ya know... the lame kind.  Presents and cupcakes were about as far as we got this year, but he didn't seem too disappointed!  He had a pretty epic year as a 30 year old... promotion, moved out of state, earned his MBA, trip to China, 3 more notches in his dream to visit all Major Baseball Stadiums, and more blessings than we can count.  Good luck living up to that year 31!




We had a chance to take the girls out on individual dates over this last weekend.  Devin took Addie ice skating for the first time and she loved it so much that she wants to take lessons!  She is so excited about it we just can't say no!  Meanwhile, Quincy and I headed to Chuck E Cheese and played our hearts out.  She is always such a ball of fun!


We also hit 20 weeks last week!  Halfway there!  Sometimes that feels so far away and other times I can't believe how fast it has already gone.  This pregnancy has been the most difficult by far with being so sick and tired.  Luckily we are past that phase but we jumped right into the heartburn phase so that's awesome.  I also caught the nesting bug really fast.  Ironically we got rid of just about all of our baby stuff when we moved (because we had to condense) so I have felt this huge urge to get everything done right now.  It isn't necessary because we have plenty of time, but I can't help feeling like I need to do it now.  Luckily Devin keeps me from going too overboard!  The girls are really excited and still can't believe that there will be 3 girls (Devin can't believe it either...poor guy)!  She is moving a ton and though I have felt the flutterings for a few weeks, I can now feel distinct kicks and jabs as well as when she has the hiccups.  Even Devin and the girls can feel her occasionally.


Grandma and Grandpa Payne gave Quincy a Butterfly Garden for her birthday and it has been such a fun experience for the girls to grow butterflies.  What a cool transformation to watch.  Once they were fully transformed and ready we set them free.




No comments: