Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanksgiving

We have NEVER been away from family during these bigger holidays and since a trip back to Utah was impossible for us during this time I had big plans for my first Thanksgiving Dinner.  I wanted to cook a turkey for the first time, have homemade rolls and pies, and a table decor that would make Martha Stewart proud.  As Thanksgiving approached however, I was at the point in my pregnancy where just thinking about doing all of that took too much energy.  I didn't know how I was going to pull off even a store bought dinner let alone the one I had envisioned.  And then I was rescued... Some new friends from our ward invited us and a few other families to their house for Thanksgiving and I was more than grateful.  We had a wonderful dinner and such great company that it was better than the Martha Stewart Thanksgiving that I was hoping for.

Previous to the big Turkey Day, Addie's Kindergarten put on a Thanksgiving Program and Multicultural Feast.  First the kids performed some songs and then we all went out to a feast of foods from all over the world.  It was an awesome way to start off the celebrations.



I also decided that I should at least attempt a turkey during this time.  It turned out okay, a little overcooked, but not bad for a first time. It was a simple, quiet dinner with just the 4 of us.


Though it was different from what we have always known, we had a great Thanksgiving nonetheless.

No comments: