Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentine's Day and Adalyn Learning to Read

For some reason or other my blogging has taken a backseat to all the other things going on in my life and I end up having to back track quite a bit in order to make sure that I don't forget something.  So back we go to Valentine's day...

We had a very low-key Valentine's but it was full of love and we were all together so it was perfect!
                      We made some Valentine's cookies a couple days before.



                            The girls woke up to a basket of Valentine's treats


And we find any excuse to get doughnuts... Valentine's is no exception!


Devin surprised me with this AWESOME bouquet of candy bars!  He knows I'm not so into the flower thing, so he got a creative.  What a husband!

The girls ready to deliver their Valentines.


And last of all we had a candle-lit dinner together.  


Now to switch gears a little... Throughout this past year I have been doing preschool with the girls, and part of it has been teaching Adalyn to read using the book Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons.  Here is the result (and we haven't even finished the book yet)...


She has done such a great job learning how to read.  She is so excited that she gets to go to "real school" next year. 


1 comment:

sarita said...

What a sweet candy bouquet (all the mini eggs look divine) and a sweet, grown-up reader you have!