Quincy is becoming quite the little mimic. She loves watching us (especially Adalyn) and then copying whatever we are doing. Things such as waving, nodding her head, bits of sign language, blows kisses, sticks out her tongue, clapping hands, patting her legs (The Little Einstein way) and doing the motions to The Wheels on the Bus...
This next picture totally baffled me...

Here is the story: Addie was in her room playing with this little chalk board. I walked in to see her drawing circles, lines, etc. She said, "Mom, write Dora." So I sat down and wrote Dora on the chalk board. She erased it and said, "Mom, do it again." So again I wrote Dora. At this point I said, "Okay, I will be right back," and went to the kitchen to do something. After a minute or so she came out with her chalk board and said, "Look Mama, I did it!" She had erased my writing and wrote Dora out all by herself!
Adalyn also learns new words, phrases, and songs everyday...
Some of the phrases she has learned are teaching me to watch what I say. One day we were trying to get some where in a hurry and of course we ended up behind someone who hasn't quite mastered their driving skills. In my frantic state, I yelled to the driver, "Go Dude!" (as if he could hear me) Now every time we drive somewhere it never fails that Addie is yelling out "Go Dude!" from the backseat!
These girls are so much fun and I am so glad that I am able to watch them growing and learning. I am so proud to be their mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment