Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Tonight, as I was putting Adalyn to bed, I had the chance to really reflect on what today is really all about. After a very eventful day, Adalyn and I had quiet moment where I sang "I Am A Child Of God" to her. In that moment, looking at Adalyn, I recognized how much was given for our sake. God gave His son... His SON...I couldn't imagine giving up my child, knowing that so many would reject Him. Christ gave His life, after feeling the weight of all of our sins, He died that we might live. We have all that we do because Christ, our brother, so willingly laid down His life and because God, our Father, loves us so much to give us the opportunity to be Resurrected. Not only are we given the chance of living this life and receiving all the blessings that we do, but we are also promised to Rise Again. The promise of an Eternal life...being not only with our families here but our Heavenly Family as well... is such an incredible blessing that I don't think we fully understand right now. I feel so grateful that we have a special day set aside to honor the amazing gift that was given to us.

Here are some pics of our eventful Easter:











































My mom made this Easter dress for Adalyn... Isn't it so cute? She did a great job with it... Thanks Mom!
















Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

slingwall said...

I love the dress and good luck with the grass you will find it for weeks to come.