Once our stuff arrived it was all unpacking, setting up, decorating, and more shopping for things we still needed. It was overwhelming and exhausting at times but I couldn't be more grateful for my amazing Mother In Law who shopped, painted, fixed, hung, decorated, built, and more. She made our home look beautiful and we are so appreciative of her talent and her unending willingness to serve.
Tessly's Room
Addie and Quincy's Room
We decided to paint the inside of the front door and I love how it turned out!
Office
Main Area
Kitchen
Master Bedroom
Basement (aka Kid's Domain)
Backyard
After weeks of unpacking and setting up our house, we decided to use our last weekend before school to have fun. So on Friday I met my sister at the Hogle Zoo. It was a fun day of cousins, animals, ice-cream and train rides.
Tess grabbed as many polar bears as she could. It was so cute I just couldn't let her leave without one.
Then on Saturday Devin and I took the older girls to Lagoon. It was such a fun day! Quincy was brave and tried a few of the bigger rides but decided that she mostly liked the smaller ones. Addie, however, wanted to try all the roller coasters she could with the Colossus being her favorite.
And just like that it was time to get ready for school. The night before we had a Back 2 School dinner to celebrate the start of a new year. After dinner, Devin gave each of the girls a father's blessing. As I listened to each blessing I felt so grateful for the Priesthood, a husband worthy to hold it, and a loving Father in Heaven who loves and knows each of us personally. It was hard to believe that we would now have 2 kids in school! But they were both really excited and ready for the school year to begin.
Addie's first day of school was a success. She loved it and said, "It was awesome!"
The following week, Quincy started Kindergarten. She was so excited to finally start school and she agreed that it was "awesome!"
Their school had a red carpet entrance to make those kindergarteners feel extra special!
I teared up a little to watch my little buddy walk away with her class!
We also got to celebrate my nephew, Landon, turning one this month! He is such a sweet boy and I love watching him and Tess play together!
And the girls were super excited when we experienced our first summer thunderstorm in 2 years! Welcome back to Utah weather!












































No comments:
Post a Comment