Wednesday, August 10, 2011

18 Months

On the 3rd of this month Quincy turned 18 months. How did we get here?!? Aside from our excitement on Sundays that she has reached the nursery age, I am always a bit saddened at the thought that my babies keep getting older. Quincy (the once mellow, go with the flow baby) has surprised us as she has developed into the spunky, I will get what I want any way that I have to, toddler. Here are some things that we want to remember about Quincy at this age:
  • Currently her stats are Weight: 23lbs. 9oz. (40%) Height: 33 in. (85%) Head: 19.5in. (97%)

  • She is the biggest sweetheart with a bit of a "bully" side to her. Seriously, she will go and take another kid's toy just because she can. But as soon as we say "Quincy be nice!" or "Can you give that back please!" She will give the toy back and give them a little pat on the cheek or head to say sorry.

  • She will not do anything that she doesn't want to... luckily most of the time she wants to do the things we want her to (clean up, brush teeth, eat, or be nice.)

  • The only fruit I can get Quincy to eat right now is freeze dried fruit. I am guessing that she doesn't like the texture of regular fruit because she doesn't even chew it up before she spits it right back out.

  • She is still a thumb sucker, and has recently become very attached to one blanket. She used to love playing with my hair as a baby and this blanket has little strands all around the edges. She would take it everywhere if we would let her.(right now we try to limit it to the crib)

  • Quincy wants to (and thinks she can) do everything that big sister does. She has plenty of scrapes and bruises to show for it too! While I love that she wants to try new things, I can't tell you how many times my heart has stopped because of her!











  • She loves, loves, loves animals. She knows all of her animal sounds and gets so excited when she sees them whether they are in a picture, on TV, or right in front of her.
  • Quincy is very protective of her Mommy... if anyone is touching me in a way that she thinks is hurting me she will start to freak out.

  • She loves babies right now. Dolls, real babies, pictures... all of it! She even loves the Justin Bieber "Baby, Baby, Baby, Ohh" song and sings it all the time!

  • Quincy and Adalyn have a Love/Hate relationship. When they love each other it is so much fun. They laugh and play with each other, dance and sing songs together, dress up as princesses and chase each other all over. But boy, do they know how to push each others' buttons... and they do it all. the. time! From screaming wars to hitting wars, taking toys to getting in each others' faces.













  • Quincy seems to have a strange connection with certain people... mind you, not always people that she knows even. She will gravitate to these people, ask to be held ("Up!"), lay her head on their shoulder, and then refuse to leave them. Do not ask me how she makes these "connections" with people, she simply picks whom she sees fit. Currently, our 76 year old neighbor, Ralph, is one of her absolute favorites!

  • Up to this point her vocabulary consists of: shoes, socks, hat, baby, back pack, please, up, out, more, outside, down, Ralph, coke, milk, Addie (she pronounces it I-E), no no, books, nice, night-night, grandma, grandpa, ball, most of the animals, and more.

  • Quincy gets really excited when Devin comes home. She just has to hear the door and she starts screaming and saying "Dada, Dada!" as she runs towards it.















  • She loves to have her feet rubbed. If she is tired or fussy, she will stick her feet out to me to let me know she wants them rubbed. As soon as I start, she calms right down.

  • Q has such a funny personality. She is always making us laugh... and she loves making people laugh!











  • She is also very independent. Especially when it comes to eating. Again, I think it stems from wanting to do what she sees Addie doing.


We absolutely love our 18 month old ball of fun. She is full of energy and keeps us all on our toes. Her smile brightens up every room and every mood. She is really our angel and we are so blessed that she is a part of our family.


1 comment:

sarita said...

I love posts like these---she has grown up so much since we were last able to see her, I can't believe it!

I am willing to bet that Q and D would be the best of frienemies for sure.